Warehouse Team Manager
- Location: Great Yarmouth & Surrounding Area
- Salary: Negotiable
- Working Hours: Full-time
- Length of Employment: Perm
- Reference: PS3080SO
- Sector: Manufacturing
- Vacancy First Advertised: 06th Jan 2021
P+S Personnel are pleased to be working on behalf of our clients, who are currently seeking a highly motivated Warehouse Team Manager to join their team on a full-time permanent basis, based in Great Yarmouth.
The main purpose will be to ensure the warehouse delivers OTIF as a service department and provide logistics support.
The criteria for this position will require a very strong people person to manage a large team. A full understanding of an ERP/SAP system which is critical to the business and will ideally have some knowledge of writing documentation and processes.
This role reports to the Site Operations Manager.
• Manage the warehouse department efficiently and effectively to schedules of work in weekly and long-term production (manufacturing and packing) plans.
• Lead by example to ensure excellent timekeeping, work ethic, H&S and GMP compliance within warehouse.
• Ensure communication of site KPI’s for delivery of orders on time and adherence to Central Demand Plan.
• Provide knowledge and expertise as the process owner of warehouse ERP systems and be the first point of contact for Purchase and Supply for finished goods and deliveries.
• Schedule delivery of Finished Goods batches to meet Purchase and Supply requirements.
• Schedule delivery of raw materials, packaging components and consumables to meet production schedules, manufacturing and packing of finished goods.
• Manage the use of 3rd party warehouses.
• Schedule movement of components, raw materials and consumables between internal and external warehouses.
• Proactively liaise with departments to ensure day to day problems are resolved.
• Effectively manage employee relations both informally & formally.
• Identify and implement cost savings and efficiency improvements, leading the team to work to lean principles.
You would ideally have the following attributes and/or experience:
• Previous experience of supervising and leading a team, monitoring performance, & delegating work within a warehouse environment.
• Self-motivation with a proactive ‘can do’ approach.
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the assertiveness to deal with staff related issues.
• High aptitude for problem solving and decision making with proactive identification of improvements.
• Experience of working within a regulated manufacturing/production environment (e.g. pharmaceutical, food production environment) and associated documentation.
• Experience in working with quality systems.
• Experience with creating, updated and training of documents.
• Sound working knowledge of windows office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.) and other computer systems e.g. ERP Systems
If this is a position you are interested in, then please apply ensuring your CV is up to date.
Alternatively, please email your CV directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sorry, on this occasion you were too late to apply for this job.