- Location: Sheffield
- Salary: Negotiable
- Working Hours: Full-time
- Length of Employment: Perm
- Reference: PS3281JE
- Sector: Manufacturing
- Vacancy First Advertised: 02nd Aug 2021
P+S Personnel are pleased to be working on behalf of our clients, who are currently seeking a Warehouse Operative to join their team based in Sheffield, on a full-time permanent basis.
The company will be looking to expand this role to include driving HGV Class 2 vehicles and will therefore fund this qualification. We are seeking someone that is looking to progress within their career within a reputable organisation, one that will fully support and advance your development.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• To pick and pack orders for despatch.
• Lifting and moving heavy products.
• The loading and unloading of HGVs and containers by hand and/or using a forklift truck.
• General housekeeping and maintenance in the warehouse/on site and ordering of warehouse supplies.
• To maintain records on the warehouse pick, pack, and despatch computer system.
• To drive company vehicles, when required including forklift trucks.
• To ensure goods are received and dispatched appropriately and any productivity targets are met.
• Stock management: purchase and book in stock, stock checks, check for damaged or missing items.
• To have an awareness and understanding of Workplace Health and Safety.
• Arranging collection and delivery times.
Skills & Attributes:
• Effective communication, organisational and interpersonal skills.
• Good level of IT knowledge.
• Experience of using a pick, pack, and despatch computer system.
• A keen eye for detail.
• The ability to work under pressure, on your own initiative and as part of a team.
• Be a team player with a focus on providing excellent customer service.
• Have an enthusiastic and flexible approach to work.
• Full UK driving licence (Essential).
• Forklift truck licence (Desirable).
• A Class 2 licence which is all up to date will be highly advantageous.
Monday – Thursday 07:00 – 17:00
Friday 07:00 – 16:00
If this is a role you are interested in, please apply online ensuring your CV is up to date.
Alternatively, please email your CV directly to email@example.com.
As part of the terms and conditions, all vacancies are advertised by equal opportunities employers.