Warehouse Operative & Driver
- Location: Sheffield
- Salary: Negotiable
- Working Hours: Full-time
- Length of Employment: Perm
- Reference: PS3231SO
- Sector: Warehouse
- Vacancy First Advertised: 25th May 2021
P+S Personnel are pleased to be working on behalf of our clients who are currently seeking a Warehouse Operative / Driver to join their team based in Sheffield on a full-time, permanent basis.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• To deliver goods in company vehicles and warehouse working on the days not delivering.
• To ensure goods are received and dispatched appropriately and any productivity targets are met.
• To liaise with customers, suppliers, and transport companies.
• Stock management: purchase and book in stock, stock checks, check for damaged or missing items.
• To pick and pack orders for despatch.
• To arrange cost effective carrier collections as required.
• The loading and unloading of HGVs and containers by hand and/or using a forklift truck.
• To carry out various required checks including forklift and Atlet driving and daily pre-usage checks, HGV and van pre-usage checks and warehouse racking checks.
• To book agency workers when required and supervise agency workers when on site.
• To drive company vehicles, when required including forklift trucks.
• General housekeeping and maintenance in the warehouse/on site and ordering of warehouse supplies.
• To maintain records on the warehouse ERP system.
• To have an awareness and understanding of Workplace Health and Safety.
• The above is not an exhaustive list.
Skills & Attributes:
• Effective communication, organisational and interpersonal skills.
• General computer system skills.
• A keen eye for detail.
• The ability to work under pressure, on your own initiative and as part of a team.
• Be a team player with a focus on providing excellent customer service.
• Have an enthusiastic and flexible approach to work.
• Knowledge of Health and Safety practices within the warehousing environment.
• Full driving licence.
• Forklift truck experience.
• Full driving licence category C.
• CPC licence.
• A Class 2 entitlement which is all up to date will be highly advantageous.
Monday – Friday 07:00 – 17:00
Early starts, occasional overnight stays, occasional weekend work, multi-drop warehouse work.
If this is a role you are interested in, please apply online ensuring your CV is up to date.
Alternatively, please email your CV directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
As part of the terms and conditions, all vacancies are advertised by equal opportunities employers.