- Location: Great Yarmouth & Surrounding Area
- Salary: Negotiable
- Working Hours: Full Time
- Length of Employment: Temp
- Reference: PS2929EM
- Sector: Transport
- Vacancy First Advertised: 10th Dec 2019
P+S Personnel are pleased to be working on behalf of our clients, who are currently seeking a Transport Administrator to join their team on a full-time, temporary basis.
• Updating and maintaining the “chasers management system” to ensure that all delivery issues are recorded
• Ensuring Week commencing ETA dates are achieved
• Ensuring all Haulage response required chasers are responded to within 24 hours
• Updating and maintaining non-delivery reasons
• Liaising with the Transport co-ordinator to ensure hauliers are booked in for deliveries of product in accordance with daily booking limits.
• Chasing Delivered orders to ensure product is delivered from site within the agreed time period
• Assisting with the despatch desk and weighbridge system to ensure goods received and dispatched are processed according to company procedures/protocols.
• Training despatch desk staff as required
• Ensure site haulier data base is maintained with accurate and up-to-date information
• Assisting colleagues due to holiday, sickness or workload to ensure the smooth running of the business
• To adhere to company procedures in relation to all aspects of the IT systems, Business admin processes, procedures and policies
• Working under the guidance of Business Support Services team in relation to policies, procedures and processes.
Knowledge, skills and experience required
• Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills
• Organised with perfect time keeping
• Excellent verbal and written English
• Excellent attention to detail
• A can do attitude is essential in this role, to ensure our customers receive a high level of service
• An excellent telephone manner is essential, having the ability to communicate clearly at all levels internally and externally, keeping a calm presence within the office and on the telephone when under pressure
• A good team member with the ability to work in a small onsite team, nationally with transport coordinators from other sites and the Business support services team
• Accurate computer skills required to ensure the correct costs are set against the correct haulage contractor
• Pro-active attitude with the desire to help others when possible
• Flexible and comfortable working in a dynamic environment with multiple competing priorities
• Good general understanding of PC applications including Microsoft Word and Excel
• Administration: 1 year (Preferred)
If this is a role you are interested in, please apply online ensuring your CV is up to date.
Alternatively, please email your CV directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
As part of the terms and conditions, all vacancies are advertised by equal opportunities employers.