Team Leader / Supervisor
- Location: Great Yarmouth
- Salary: Negotiable
- Working Hours: Full Time
- Length of Employment: Perm
- Reference: PS3451JE
- Sector: Warehouse
- Vacancy First Advertised: 17th Dec 2021
P+S Personnel are pleased to be working on behalf of our clients, who are currently seeking a Team Leader / Supervisor to join their team based in Great Yarmouth on a full time, permanent basis.
Our clients are a fast paced, agile and determined organisation looking for a strong proactive leader who can make clear, decisive decisions under pressure and manage their Production team embedding the Company strategies and vision. Our perfect partner would be organised, driven & highly motivated with the experience of motivating and shaping teams to deliver company priorities.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced candidate to join a fun but focussed team and be part of the exciting future of this fast-growing organisation.
Overview of the role
To be a key figure in the manufacturing function within set targets to meet customer requirements and standards, with accountability for ensuring safety, customer quality, cost and delivery expectations are met.
You will successfully lead the Production teams from the front to deliver a seamless, efficient and target driven team with a focus on successful KPI achievement and high-quality standards.
General & Task Management
• Ensure that the factory operates in accordance with all health, safety and environmental policies and procedures to ensure the safety and wellbeing of staff and visitors.
• Ensure all department paperwork is fully and accurately completed and verified, ensuring errors are rectified promptly.
• Carry out daily Team Briefings to review performance and encourage feedback about performance and improvements.
• Ensure that all company procedures and policies relating to health and safety and the environment in which you and your Team work in are enforced.
• Champion the continuous improvement of the team, utilising modern manufacturing principals, highlighting deficiencies and recommending changes in training, working practices and processes.
• To ensure standard working procedures (SOP’s) are kept up to date and are trained out and signed off by all staff.
• Fully communicate daily and weekly production planning activities with the team. Organise staff and resources effectively to ensure successful achievement of planned activities.
• Monitor daily plans ensuring achievement and promptly resolving any issues that are raised. Compile daily/weekly reports and develop and roll out a plan for improvements.
• Carry out quality checks in line with company procedures, reporting and rectifying non-conformances promptly to ensure minimum disruption to production.
• Attend team/department meetings to discuss short-, mid- and long-term company objectives, feedback reports on achievements and identify improvements. Feed actions and information back to the staff.
• Report on any changes that may affect the supply and demand of products and materials and advise others of any impact.
• Ensure Factory standards are maintained through completion of daily checks & verifications.
• Take preventative measures to prevent unnecessary downtime. Report Machine failures promptly to the Operation’s Manager and proactively re-organise staff and resources to maintain efficiencies.
• Develop an enthusiastic, motivated and flexible team through ensuring staff are well informed and involved in the factory performance and improvement.
• Participate in the development of staff by providing feedback for individual reviews and identifying training requirements. Carry out individual staff coaching to improve performance.
• Perform staff training as required and ensure staff training records are updated
• Manage and lead the team, promoting a positive target driven atmosphere and creating team cohesion and morale.
• Complete return to work meetings and staff one to one meetings, identifying areas that may be hindering staff attendance or performance and setting SMART targets to rectify this.
What you will bring
• Ideally you will need to be an experienced Production Team Leader or Supervisor from a manufacturing environment with a minimum of 1 years’ experience.
• Possess well developed leadership skills with demonstrated evidence of effective people management experience.
• Experience of managing and organising both semi-automated and manual processes and using production machinery and equipment.
• You should be able to demonstrate the ability to create high performing teams, consistently achieving department set plan.
• Have demonstrated the ability to adapt and deal with change under pressure whilst influencing team emotions and morale.
• Competent in problem solving, team building, planning and decision making
• Excellent attention to detail
• Excellent knowledge of H&S statutory requirements
• Excellent organisational and follow-up skills
Additional desired skills/experience
• Hold a HND / ONC / NVQ qualification
• Experience of working with and understanding the technical requirements of Manufacturing and using specialist machinery and equipment.
• Valid First Aid at work qualification
• Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
If this is a role you are interested in, please apply online ensuring your CV is up to date.
Alternatively, please email your CV directly to email@example.com.
As part of the terms and conditions, all vacancies are advertised by equal opportunities employers.