Team Leader Materials Controller
- Location: Great Yarmouth
- Salary: Negotiable
- Working Hours: Full Time
- Length of Employment: Perm
- Reference: PS3428JE
- Sector: Manufacturing
- Vacancy First Advertised: 22nd Nov 2021
P+S Personnel are pleased to be working on behalf of our clients, who are currently seeking a Team Leader Materials Controller to join their team on a full time, permanent basis based in Great Yarmouth.
This role will be to supervise the safe operation and control of all stores and logistics activities within the supply chain department on a day to day basis. Also, to take overall ownership of stock, timely picking of goods for manufacturing, collection and deliveries.
• Ensure the safe operation of the Stores and Logistics department.
• Review, update and maintain departmental risk assessments for key activities.
• Instigate and manage the monthly cycle count to ensure stock accuracy.
• Monitor team training, qualifications and certificates, ensuring that all are up to date.
• Support the continuous development of system enhancements (scanners & reporting tools).
• Carry out team performance reviews, setting objectives and managing competency.
• Manage team absence and holiday.
• Control customer owned equipment and finished goods, providing full visibility on AX12.
• Focal point for customer audits, supporting the Quality team with all aspects of Stores/Logistics.
• Pick and issue materials as requested, liaising with Workshop Team Leaders to ensure materials are passed to the build location in a timely manner. Complying with appropriate procedures, ensure accurate records of all material movements within AX12.
• Take receipt of goods from vendors, carrying out visual inspections, checking details such as quantities and part numbers before receiving and locating on AX12.
• Any other delegated responsibilities as instructed by Line Management within the timeframe specified in a safe and efficient manner to meet business requirements, provided the instruction is reasonable and you are capable and deemed competent to fulfil these.
• Relevant GCSEs (English, Maths, Science)
• Proven track record as a Team Lead.
• Understanding of Microsoft Office – Word, Outlook and Excel.
• Excellent organisational skills and an ability to prioritise.
• Self starter able to communicate with internal and external customers.
• Ability to work as part of the team or unsupervised.
• Customer focused with a desire to provide customer/company satisfaction.
• Flexible with a proactive approach.
• Counter balance lift truck operator.
• Flexi lift truck operator.
• Knowledge of AX12
If this is a role you are interested in, please apply online ensuring your CV is up to date.
Alternatively, please email your CV directly to email@example.com.
As part of the terms and conditions, all vacancies are advertised by equal opportunities employers.