Supply Chain Administrator
- Location: Gorleston, Great Yarmouth
- Salary: Negotiable
- Working Hours: Full Time
- Length of Employment: Perm
- Reference: PS2903SO
- Sector: Admin
- Vacancy First Advertised: 11th Nov 2019
P+S Personnel are pleased to be working on behalf of our clients, who are currently seeking a Supply Chain Administrator to join their team based in Gorleston on a full time permanent basis.
Responsible for the administration of the operations aspects of the company Business Management System. Part Number creation, BOM maintenance and works order management. Liaising with design, project management, stores and operations to progress shortages and ensure complete job packs are provided to operations.
• Areas for which this role will be responsible are detailed below. These may, in the future, be reviewed and amended as required.
• Responsible for the creation of new part numbers on the BMS to ensure no duplication and that the part numbers are set-up with the clear and correct description, traceability requirements and purchase order requirements
• Creation of new Bills of Materials (BOMs) and management of existing BOMs where changes are necessary. Liaising with Operations, design and the Ex authorised person to ensure they are correct
• Liaise with project management (PM) and design when a new project is initiated to review the BOM and pick lists and provide the Supply Chain Manager with a list of parts to be ordered ahead.
• Create work orders for standard parts in association with the Supply Chain Manager and the PMs. Create the job specific BOMs after design and PM review and enter on the BMS. Create all related works orders.
• Create Job Packs for Operations with the latest released and approved drawings and all relevant information to enable the operations team to complete the job
• Enter Ex traceability data onto tracking spreadsheets and store on server
• Enter timesheet data from handwritten copies to Excel format, confirm with Operations Manager and resolve queries before sending to Payroll.
• Work with Supply Chain team to progress shortages and chase suppliers as assigned
• Provide support to Supply Chain team as needed to cover purchasing and supplier monitoring
• Other duties as assigned by company and line management
• Proficient in MS Office programs
• An analytical and strategic thinker, results driven, with excellent commercial acumen, credibility and decision-making skills and the ability to think with a ‘customer first’ attitude and exceed customer expectations.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills. The job holder must be numerate and demonstrate a high degree of accuracy.
• Experience of ERP/MRP systems, BOMs and manufacturing processes
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• The ability to read, understand and discuss technical drawings and/or specifications.
• Knowledge of AC/DC electrical systems.
If this is a role you are interested in, please apply online ensuring your CV is up to date.
Alternatively, please email your CV directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
As part of the terms and conditions, all vacancies are advertised by equal opportunities employers.