- Location: Great Yarmouth
- Salary: Negotiable
- Working Hours: Full Time
- Length of Employment: Perm
- Reference: PS3722AW
- Sector: Offshore
- Vacancy First Advertised: 28th Jul 2022
P+S Personnel are pleased to be working on behalf of our clients, who are currently seeking a Software Engineer, to join their team on a permanent basis, based in Great Yarmouth with the requirement of offshore / onshore travel.
The right candidate will have an enthusiastic attitude, be able to work with limited supervision on a daily basis and able to demonstrate tenacity when faced with difficult situations or challenges
• The role is to maintain, upgrade and further develop the in-house survey applications that have been developed over a period of 20+ years to support the offshore operations, typically rig positioning operations.
• The current applications are designed to interface in real-time to a variety of sensors such as GPS, Gyros, Laser measurement systems and Radio Telemetry in a dynamic environment.
• These applications were written using Delphi and currently have been upgraded to RAD Studio, still utilising Delphi.
• The ideal candidate would have a computer science degree, a history of writing and implementing software solutions working with a small team to consult, implement and support the company’s software.
• Comprehensive use and implementation of Delphi and RAD Studio.
• Experience building front ends for user interface.
• An understanding of SQL Server implementation and use.
• Mathematics and/or general survey computations.
• Implementation utilising 3rd party component libraries and installers.
• Understanding and/or experience of interfacing serial and networked devices.
• Basic knowledge of Hydrographic survey operations and/or offshore experience.
• Experienced with MS Office, WORD, EXCEL, ACCESS
• C++ knowledge, HTML and PYTHON would be an advantage.
• Basic understanding of ISO 9001
• Good communication and presentation skills.
If this is a role you are interested in, please apply online ensuring your CV is up to date.
Alternatively, please email your CV directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
As part of the terms and conditions, all vacancies are advertised by equal opportunities employers.