Skilled Warehouse Operative
- Location: Great Yarmouth
- Salary: Negotiable
- Working Hours: Full Time
- Length of Employment: Temp to Perm
- Reference: PS3312PG
- Sector: Warehouse
- Vacancy First Advertised: 22nd Sep 2021
P+S Personnel are pleased to be working on behalf of our clients, who are currently seeking a Skilled Warehouse Operative to join their team based in Great Yarmouth, on a full time long-term temporary basis.
As a Warehouse Operative you will be at the heart of the customer fulfilment process, ensuring customers receive the best and most efficient service. You will be working in a friendly team environment, picking, packing, sorting, and hanging products. Heavy lifting, stretching, bending and working in various climate conditions may be required. You will be required to adhere to all safety requirements and ensure the highest levels of housekeeping are maintained.
How you will do it:
• Receiving of goods
• Distribution and replenishment of goods in the warehouse
• Picking of goods against fulfilment orders
• Packing orders to the required standard and specification
• Loading goods on or off lorries with MHE
• Support the Company programme in driving positive change and continuous improvement
• Full adherence to health and safety policy and procedures
• Maintain a high level of housekeeping
• Reporting Errors and non-conformities
• Work with and around various Powered Forklift Vehicles
• Replenishment of work area
• Pack Orders with adequate packing materials to prevent damage in transit
• Accurate and timely work
• Maintaining your work area to 5S standards
What we look for
• Good communicator
• Good prioritization skills
• Attention to detail
• Team player
• Proactive with an eye for problem solving and continuous improvement
• Computer Literacy – SPS tools and Microsoft Package
• Knowledge and operation of Warehouse Management systems
• Forklift Licence – VNA / HLOP / CB / Reach
• Experience in a warehousing and logistics environment
Working hours are Monday to Thursday 7:30am-16:30pm and Friday 7:30am-13:30pm. Overtime available and payable at time and a half. Double time payable for Sundays. £20 bonus paid upon completion of 12 hour shift.
If this is a role you are interested in, please apply online ensuring your CV is up to date.
Alternatively, please email your CV directly to Paul@pspersonnelltd.co.uk.
As part of the terms and conditions, all vacancies are advertised by equal opportunities employers.