Skilled Mechanical Maintenance Engineer
- Location: Great Yarmouth & Surrounding Area
- Salary: Negotiable
- Working Hours: Full-time
- Length of Employment: Perm
- Reference: PS3206SO
- Sector: Engineering
- Vacancy First Advertised: 10th May 2021
P+S Personnel are pleased to be working on behalf of our clients who are currently seeking a skilled Mechanical Maintenance Engineer to join their team on a full time, permanent basis in Great Yarmouth.
• Maintain amusement rides, equipment, and systems to meet requirements, applying knowledge of engineering principles within fields of: Working with an established team, you will undertake PPM checks on our rides, carry out reactive maintenance where needed and complete complex strip down and re-build during our closed periods.
• Investigating equipment failures & difficulties and to diagnose faulty operation, and to repair accordingly.
• Work in a safe manner regarding self, work colleagues and members of the public, using all tools and equipment under health & safety regulations.
• Operations at times will include working at height using correct PPE and procedures.
• Maintain all work equipment and tools used.
• Flexibility must be evident regarding different types of work and duties that may be required.
• Carry out any other duties commensurate with this post.
Knowledge & Experience Required:
• Principles of Installation, Maintenance and Commissioning.
• Engineering Principles of welding, milling, and turning.
• Power Transmission.
• Health & Safety.
• Completed a recognised apprenticeship and/or hold a recognised qualification(s) in a relevant engineering disci-pline. For example: City and Guilds/NVQ Level 3/ BTEC/ONC/HNC.
• Practical experience of plant maintenance is essential.
• Experience of working with hydraulics, pneumatics, motors, and gearboxes.
• Teamwork and flexibility are key to the success of this role.
• Proven ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and multi- task, as necessary.
• Any relevant Health and Safety Certification such as Forklift Licence, Working at Height etc.
• Technical mindset.
40 hours - During the season you will be required to work weekends / Bank Holidays on a rota basis and at times will be working alone and as such must be confident in dealing with issues as they arise and have a problem-solving approach to your work.
If this is a position you are interested in, please apply online ensuring your CV is up to date.
Alternatively, please email your CV directly to email@example.com.
As part of the terms and conditions, all vacancies are advertised by equal opportunities employers.