- Location: Ghana
- Salary: Negotiable
- Working Hours: Full Time
- Length of Employment: Contract
- Reference: PS3071PG
- Sector: Offshore
- Vacancy First Advertised: 23rd Jun 2020
P+S Personnel are pleased to be working on behalf of our clients who are currently seeking a Shift Supervisor to work in Ghana on a 28-day rotation, onshore and offshore scopes.
The role is to safely and effectively conduct and maintain an overview of the operation on the worksite. The Shift Supervisor has the authority to delegate operational tasks to members of the team. The responsibility remains however for the delegated tasks. He may act as instructed on behalf of the Offshore Manager.
• Responsible for the overall operation.
• Participate and or chair applicable Risk Assessments / Safe Job Analysis in accordance with project plans. Ensure to communicate findings with all team members.
• Ensure that necessary Toolbox Talks – either with active participation and or by members of the team – are held throughout the operation. Record these according to the worksite specific standard.
• Rigidly follow and sign-off each task in the current operational task plan – with handwritten notes for each step as required. Ensure to inform, update and or liaise with the project/field engineer as required during the complete operation.
• Write and maintain the detailed operational log.
• Ensuring to maintain sufficient communication with all parties if any procedures or operating conditions change.
• Keep high focus to alert offshore management on possible required management of changes. Ensure that high safety standards and effective execution is maintained by understanding and adhering to the Company MOC procedure.
• Ensure that the team understands the importance of keeping the Shift Supervisor appropriately advised and informed of all activities during the operation.
• The Shift Supervisor has the responsibility of informing the Offshore Manager of the general status, technical deviations and problems associated with the workplace including personnel issues.
• The role is to safely and effectively conduct and maintain an overview of the operation on the worksite. The Shift Supervisor has the authority to delegate operational tasks to members of the team. The responsibility remains however for the delegated tasks. He may act as instructed on behalf of the Offshore Manager.
• Preferably minimum a 3-year technical college degree
• Minimum 10 years offshore in the subsea industry
• Minimum 3 years in a supervisor / foreman role
• Specific experience will typically be requested for operations involving (not limited to): Module handling, Heavy lifting, Flexible pipe-lay, Cable lay, Decommissioning and Subsea inspection
• Computer knowledge in: Microsoft Office, Navipac / Helmsman, Navision, Synergi, Hardcat and Docushare
• Strong written English and excellent verbal English communication skills.
• Excellent leadership qualities and interpersonal skills to motivate others on efficiency and safety.
• Customer focused.
• Open minded social and reliable team player.
• Undergo assessments proving to be competent in the position.
• Showing capability for maintaining overview and control of multiple running operations.
• Significant and valuable general technical understanding.
If this is a role you are interested in, please apply online ensuring your CV is up to date.
Alternatively, please email your CV directly to Paul@pspersonnelltd.co.uk.
As part of the terms and conditions, all vacancies are advertised by equal opportunities employers.