- Location: Great Yarmouth & Surrounding Area
- Salary: Negotiable
- Working Hours: Full-time
- Length of Employment: Perm
- Reference: PS3093SH
- Sector: Management
- Vacancy First Advertised: 28th Apr 2021
P+S Personnel are pleased to be working on behalf of our clients, who are currently seeking a Service Manager to join their team based in Great Yarmouth, on a full time permanent basis.
This role will involve the overall management of the operations including the day to day management of the staff, responsible for ensuring that customers’ expectations are met and ensuring the company’s set budgets and targets are achieved.
• Ensure the set sales/overheads and net profit targets for all parts and service business is achieved
• The day to day management of the division
• Manage priorities and allocate work to staff as required
• Determine customer needs and manage the response as required
• Communicate with external 3rd party suppliers as necessary
• Coordinate customer audits with management and staff
• Produce detailed reports/forecasts for the division
• Travel to customer location/site for meetings as and when required
• Key Account Manager / Point of contact for tenders
• Identify any areas for process improvement
• Conduct all business in a manner which is befitting to the company’s reputation in the marketplace
• Any other activity requested by management within reason is completed
• Work closely with the Group QHSE representative to manage the depots QHSE requirements and demonstrate leadership and commitment to quality, health, safety and the environment
• Communicate the importance of effective quality, health, safety and environmental management and of conforming to QHSE requirements
• Apply and use safe working procedures/risk assessments, have a good understanding of COSHH, comply with and promote all policies and QHSE processes, including ‘Stop the Job’ requirements
• Report all accidents and incidents, including any near misses and promote this to all staff
• Experience of working in a similar operations role and or management of a division
• Excellent staff management skills, communication skills and teamworking skills
• Attention to detail
• Computer literate (Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, Word)
• Technical & Mechanical engineering background
• Oil & Gas and Marine market experience
• Valid driving license
• Must be legally allowed to work in the UK
• Good job and technical knowledge with proven competence
• Working to deadlines, overtime when required
• Experience within Risk Assessments (Desirable)
• First aid at work (Desirable)
If this is a role you are interested in, please apply online ensuring your CV is up to date.
Alternatively, please email your CV directly to email@example.com.
As part of the terms and conditions, all vacancies are advertised by equal opportunities employers.