Senior Quality Engineer
- Location: Norwich
- Salary: Negotiable
- Working Hours: Full Time
- Length of Employment: Perm
- Reference: PS2910SO
- Sector: Quality
- Vacancy First Advertised: 19th Nov 2019
P+S Personnel are pleased to be working on behalf of our clients, who are currently seeking a Senior Quality Engineer to join their team based in Norwich on a full time permanent basis.
The role of the Senior Quality Engineer has a number of focus areas within the company, liaising with all internal departments, externally with interested parties and key stakeholders to ensure continued success of the business. The role requires a focussed individual who has the drive and enthusiasm to move forward in a changing business whilst improving the already very high standards held by the company.
Key Responsibilities/ Accountabilities
• Working effectively within the Quality team to maintain and improve on the Certified Quality Management System (ISO 9001:2015 and NATO Quality standard AQAP 2110 Edition D revision 1, July 2016).
• Review, visit, and auditing of new suppliers identified for potential approval for supply.
• Monitor and manage the current Approved Supplier database to ensure quality performance levels are improved.
• Working closely with the Supply Chain team, representing the Quality team on Supplier performance reviews.
• Regular visits to Suppliers to maintain the relationship and quality levels required for compliance of product to design specifications.
• Monitoring and management of the Non-conformance processes (internal and external) as part of the overall Quality team function.
• Analysis of Supplier performance on a monthly basis.
• Reporting of Supplier Performance internally within the Business and to identified Suppliers on a monthly basis.
• Initiation and Management of action plans to ensure Supplier performance improvement based on the Analysis of performance.
• Working closely with the Inspection Department to investigate and resolve non-conforming product received by the company.
• Liaison with the Design/ Engineering teams as part of general product queries and non-conforming product investigation processes.
• Conduct internal audits to ensure continued compliance with the Quality Management System requirements.
• Conducting Factory Acceptance testing on completed systems to Engineering specifications in order to confirm compliance, which will include coverage of such testing with the Customer overseeing on occasion.
• Maintaining and updating QMS documentation.
• Production of Certificates of Conformity for products supplied to the Customer base, including interrogation of the ERP database to confirmed completion of Production. Design documents.
• Coverage of tasks undertaken by other Quality team members during holidays and absence.
Work Experience/ Qualifications
• IRCA qualified Internal Auditor.
• Working with MRP/ERP database systems for business system management.
• Degree or similar level Engineering discipline would be an advantage.
• Working within Sub-contractors/ Supplier performance management within a volume manufacture environment would be an advantage.
• Good level of mechanical engineering knowledge and experience
• Good analytical and problem-solving mindset.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Ability to work in a team.
• Good inter-personal skills.
• Ability to read detailed Engineering drawings and understand specifications is essential.
• Flexibility in working to meet task-based deadlines.
• Be self-motivated with a strong ability to work under own initiative
• Proactive attitude and forward-thinking ethos.
• Ability to effect and adjust to change for improvement in a positive manner.
• Willingness to learn and develop yourself through company specialist training.
• Attention to detail.
• Good knowledge of Quality Management System Disciplines.
If this is a role you are interested in, please apply online ensuring your CV is up to date.
Alternatively, please email your CV directly to email@example.com.
As part of the terms and conditions, all vacancies are advertised by equal opportunities employers.