Senior Environmental Project Manager
- Location: Great Yarmouth & Surrounding Area
- Salary: Negotiable
- Working Hours: Full-time
- Length of Employment: Perm
- Reference: PS3266SO
- Sector: Marine
- Vacancy First Advertised: 22nd Jun 2021
P+S Personnel are pleased to be working on behalf of our clients, who are currently seeking a Senior Environmental Project Manager to join their team on a full-time permanent basis based in Great Yarmouth.
The Environmental Department are recruiting a Project Manager to support the delivery of an expanding portfolio of services. The team ultimately aims to minimise the impact of offshore operations on the marine environment and to support clients in meeting their regulatory obligations and achieving best-practice.
• The successful candidate will be accountable for managing offshore projects in relation to environmental baseline and habitat surveys, acoustic surveys, and marine mammal mitigation projects across the fleet of vessels, and to additional external clients, providing a wide range of project experience and development opportunities.
• The role will involve ensuring that the technical, financial, contractual, quality, HSE and other obligations are met in accordance with both company and client standards for the duration of the project lifecycle.
• In addition, successful candidates will be key members of the team responsible for the marketing, development, and growth of the company’s Environmental portfolio of services.
• The successful candidate will need to demonstrate the ability to liaise and build relationships with internal and external clients and stakeholders. This will include client visits and presentations, as well as the assessment, preparation, and submission of tenders.
• The nature of this project-supporting, client-facing role will mean that you will be expected to respond occasionally to requests outside of standard business hours. Additionally, UK and overseas travel will be essential in this role in support of client relationship and project start up activities.
• The selected applicant would initially start work remotely but should be willing to relocate to, or be currently based, within commuting distance of Great Yarmouth.
• Enthusiastic individuals with a passion for the marine environment and the wildlife that it supports.
• Degree in a Marine Environmental Science related subject (Desirable).
• Experience in the field of marine mammals, environmental sampling, or underwater acoustics.
• Previous offshore experience in an environmental role would be hugely advantageous.
• Positive and passionate individuals that have a capability to build strong interpersonal relationships and successfully manage commercial activities.
• Add value to the organisation through their own thoughts and ideas.
• Proactive and confident ambassador for supporting the department’s strategic objectives.
• Full clean driving licence (Essential).
• Proficient in MS office, in particular Excel, Word, and Outlook.
If this is a role you are interested in, please apply online ensuring your CV is up to date.
Alternatively, please email your CV directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
As part of the terms and conditions, all vacancies are advertised by equal opportunities employers.