Sales Support and Customer Service
- Location: Great Yarmouth
- Salary: Negotiable
- Working Hours: Full Time
- Length of Employment: Perm
- Reference: PS3715SO
- Sector: Customer Services
- Vacancy First Advertised: 19th Jul 2022
P+S Personnel are pleased to be working on behalf of our clients, who are currently recruiting a Sales Support and Customer Service person to join their team based in Great Yarmouth for a full time, permanent basics.
The role will require the individual to liaise with internal and external customers daily to ensure that exceptional customer service is always provided.
Reporting to: Site Manager and National Sales Support Manager
Reporting into the National Sales Support Manager and the Site Manager, you will liaise with internal and external customers daily to ensure that exceptional customer service is always provided.
• Checking and validating new orders received electronically by F4F, email, fax, and post to ensure price, grade and customer details are correct and adhere to current local and National commercial arrangements.
• Ensuring new orders are entered accurately into the company’s computer system in a timely manner.
• Challenging and validating order amendments ensuring price, grade, and customer details are in line with current trading parameters.
• Supporting and assisting Commercial/Sales Directors and Wholesale/Retail Managers as required to include preparation of Sales circulars/literature and site visits.
• Being the first point of contact for the customers for all their enquiries.
• Liaising with Customers/Commercial/Sales Directors and Wholesale/Retail Managers to produce nutrient specific quotations as required.
• Liaising with the Transport Coordinator and Site Manager to ensure hauliers are booked in for collection of products in accordance with daily booking limits.
• Assisting the Transport Coordinator with order chasers, calling hauliers for ETA’s etc and entering all relevant information into the company’s chaser system.
• Chasing customer collect orders to ensure product is collected from site within the agreed time period.
• Producing price lists in conjunction with the commercial team and maintaining the database of recipients and the price list they receive.
• Working under the guidance of the Business Support Services team in relation to policies, procedures, and processes.
• Assisting with the despatch desk and weighbridge system (when needed) to ensure goods received and despatched are processed according to company procedures/protocols.
• Assisting colleagues on site or at other sites across the UK due to holiday, sickness, or workload to ensure the smooth running of the national business (No travel required).
• Training other office staff (depending on experience).
• To adhere to company procedures in relation to all aspects of the IT systems, Business admin processes, procedures, and policies.
• To carry out all other reasonable requests from line management.
• Maintain frequent communication with Commercial/Sales Directors and Wholesale/Retail Managers.
Please note, the above list of responsibilities is not exhaustive, and employees may be required to undertake other responsibilities and training as requested by their line manager/s.
• Ensure exceptional customer service is always delivered through a pro-active and approachable attitude.
• Be punctual and demonstrate excellent organisational skills.
• Demonstrate attention to detail, highlighting possible errors to management where applicable.
• Maintain an excellent telephone manner both internally and externally, keeping a calm presence within the office and on the telephone when under pressure.
• Establish strong working relationships with both the small on-site team and national teams, including other sites and the Business Support Services team.
• Ensure a high level of accuracy is maintained when using the Company Computer systems to ensure correct grade and pricing information.
• Be willing to support others as and when required.
• Manage your workload, and expectations effectively in a sometimes, high pressured environment.
If this is a role you are interested in, please apply online ensuring your CV is up to date.
Alternatively, please email your CV directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
As part of the terms and conditions, all vacancies are advertised by equal opportunities employers.