Resource Planning Manager
- Location: Eye, Suffolk
- Salary: Negotiable
- Working Hours: Full Time
- Length of Employment: Perm
- Reference: PS3297SO
- Sector: Management
- Vacancy First Advertised: 25th Aug 2021
P+S Personnel are pleased to be working on behalf of our clients, who are currently seeking a Resource Planning Manager to join their team based in Eye, Suffolk, on a full-time permanent basis.
This role will be to create and implement best practice systems and processes to ensure the smooth operation of the Supply Chain, including demand planning, raw material, and production planning, resulting in minimal operational disruption and maximum customer satisfaction.
Duties & Key Responsibilities:
• To schedule the correct quantities of materials, goods and products inbound to the business from its suppliers and sub-contractors.
• To plan the production and packing of products in an efficient manner to meet the sales order pack dates.
• To move goods and products, including importing and exporting, to ensure they are in the right place to meet customer demand.
• To determine how much and what type of materials and products to hold in the supply chain, including managing replenishment plans, safety stock and optimising inventory levels.
• Evaluating the challenges faced by the organisation and taking action to mitigate risks.
• To oversee and manage inventory integrity and review ways to reduce inventory levels.
• Setting department objectives and monitoring ongoing progress and performance.
• To ensure strong communication between teams under your leadership to facilitate the exchange of information and in order to execute change.
• To work closely with Sales colleagues to ensure an accurate forecast is supplied.
• Ensuring that all functions under your supervision operate in accordance with health, safety and environmental policies and procedures to ensure safety of staff and visitors.
• To provide leadership, co-ordination and coaching to the team, ensuring they are capable of achieving the operational and financial targets within their areas of responsibility.
• Overseeing and optimising costs in relation to supply chain activities.
• To develop strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
• Providing regular reports on performance across the supply chain, including supplier performance, schedule adherence and costs.
• To carry out any other duties that may reasonably be requested giving due regard to your existing status.
• Proven leadership and management skills.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Experience of change management within a supply chain environment.
• Excellent relationship management skills.
• Commercially and financially astute with experience of managing budgets.
• Excellent problem-solving skills, and the ability to analyse complex data and provide meaningful information.
• Knowledge of lean techniques would be advantageous.
• Previous experience leading a planning function with expert knowledge of supply chain processes, specifically material and resource planning.
• Ideally educated to degree level in a Business discipline or hold a relevant supply chain qualification.
• The ability to maintain a positive approach and meet agreed deadlines.
• A strong work ethic with the ability to positively influence the behaviour of others.
Closing date: 8th October 2021
If this is a role you are interested in, please apply online ensuring your CV is up to date.
Alternatively, please email your CV directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
As part of the terms and conditions, all vacancies are advertised by equal opportunities employers.