Regional Operations Manager
- Location: Cambridge
- Salary: Negotiable
- Working Hours: Full Time
- Length of Employment: Perm
- Reference: PS2847JE
- Sector: Management
- Vacancy First Advertised: 01st Nov 2019
P+S Personnel are pleased to be working on behalf of our clients, who are currently seeking a Regional Operations Manager to join their team based in Cambridge. This is a unique opportunity to make your mark within a leading UK organisation that can give you the opportunity to fully influence and implement your significant business skills.
• To ensure that the Region is operating safely, productively and efficiently at all times
• To identify and manage opportunities to improve the performance of the Region.
• To manage the functions of the Regional Head Office including Logistics, Internal Sales, Central Planning, Purchasing and Stock Control.
• To communicate, develop and foster a positive & progressive culture with the Region, encouraging teamwork and increasing business unit autonomy over time.
• To influence and support the development of strategies to guide the Region on its journey.
• You will act as the Regional Director Designate with key responsibilities for:
• To assume overall responsibility of the Region in the absence of the Regional Director.
• To provide robust leadership and direction to ensure the smooth and seamless operation of the Region.
• To chair meetings as necessary to execute your duties.
• To work closely with the Regional Director and the Financial Controller to identify opportunities to improve the performance of the Region.
• To visit the sites regularly and work closely with the Plant Managers to identify other opportunities to improve the performance of the Region.
• To project manage these improvements to deliver them in an acceptable and agreed timeframes
• To report of these improvements at the Regional Board meetings.
Qualifications, Skills & Key Competencies
• ILM/5/HNC/HND/Degree level and/or a relevant professional qualification.
• Possess an essential leadership background in Manufacturing with a desirable range of knowledge on Purchasing, Distribution, Finances and Sales.
• Have a working understanding of Environmental, Health & Safety, FSC and quality management systems.
• Have a good understanding of the principles and tools of lean manufacturing and continuous improvement tools within a high quality manufacturing facility.
• Ability to build a high performance team with an exceptional eye for detail ensuring the highest levels of productivity and efficiency.
• Possess the ability to implement and manage change in business.
• Job Benefits
• We are seeking a multi-faceted, solution focused and driven Operations Professional who understands complete financial control and business development along with the manufacturing, logistics and supply chain.
If this is a role you are interested in, please apply online ensuring your CV is up to date.
Alternatively, please email your CV directly to email@example.com.
As part of the terms and conditions, all vacancies are advertised by equal opportunities employers.