Quantity Surveyor / Estimator
- Location: Manchester
- Salary: Negotiable
- Working Hours: Full Time
- Length of Employment: Perm
- Reference: PS3681PG
- Sector: Construction
- Vacancy First Advertised: 15th Jun 2022
P+S Personnel are pleased to be working on behalf of our clients, who are currently seeking a Quantity Surveyor / Estimator to join their team based in Manchester, on a full time permanent basis.
Purpose of the role:
• To be responsible to the Commercial Director for the delivery of a professional and quality Quantity Surveying/Estimating service for all identified tender enquires and painting contracts
• Senior Leadership Team, Managers, all colleagues, and Clients.
Skill / Knowledge Requirements:
• QS/Estimating qualification and/or experience
• Communication Skills
• Customer Care
• Information Technology Skills
• Professional Telephone Manner
• Business Development
• To ensure tenders are completed accurately and to timescales
• To ensure follow up of returned tenders
• To convert a minimum of 20% on value of tenders to live jobs
• To ensure all information on converted jobs is communicated to QS and Contracts Managers
• To communicate status of tenders to Commercial Director
• To Manage Costs in line with budgets.
• To estimate tenders, return within set timescales, update quotation log with all information and follow up to win the sale, set up site targets and present to the team & monitor.
• Take responsibility for winning of all tenders that have been allocated to you by the Commercial Director
• Acquisition of required information from Client including drawings, variation to task and any other appropriate information.
• Visit sites and review at tendering stage including meeting potential clients where required.
• Sourcing additional information as required by the Commercial Director
• Liaison with internal finance team, management and external bodies.
• Liaison with the Client to keep them up to date with relevant information as required.
• Keeping Commercial Director updated on weekly progress.
• To prepare and present compilation data as required.
• To price any variation to existing contracts as required by the Commercial Director.
• To ensure all Contract information is collected and communicated to the contracts team.
• To re-measure sites when requested, including visiting sites when needed.
• Attend team meetings as per schedule of meetings set
• To present tenders won at monthly meeting and review against set KPIs
• To promote best practice in maintaining high levels of Customer Service
• To cost jobs on an on-going basis and completion of contract with the assistance of finance team and Contracts managers and forward to the Commercial Director.
• To manage costs in line with budgets.
• Submit valuations in line with dates agreed providing full substantiation of contract & variation works carried out & agree certified amounts with the client, forward to finance team.
• To monitor costs spent on jobs and sign of all invoices/ payments to suppliers & labour that affects the costs of the contract.
• To report the financial status of jobs to the Commercial Director on a monthly basis
• Follow up all commercial issues weekly.
• Undertake such other duties that are required from time to time commensurate with this position.
• To assist in developing the business in the region
• Agree all payment dates with clients and relay to finance team through weekly meetings, aim to reduce debtor days better than the agreed terms.
• To carry out any other tasks required
If this is a role you are interested in, please apply online ensuring your CV is up to date.
Alternatively, please email your CV directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
As part of the terms and conditions, all vacancies are advertised by equal opportunities employers.