- Location: Norwich
- Salary: Negotiable
- Working Hours: Full Time
- Length of Employment: Perm
- Reference: PS3655AW
- Sector: Quality
- Vacancy First Advertised: 20th May 2022
P+S Personnel are pleased to be working on behalf of our clients, who are currently recruiting a Quality Technician to join their team based in Norwich on a full time, permanent basis.
• The assessment and management of customer returns for the label and machine operations
• The investigation of failures in machine build
• The reporting of supplier defects for laminate and machine components and management of supplier responses
• The inspection of bought-in components in line with first-off approval and agreed inspection frequencies
• The management of calibration activities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Investigate component failures and build issues in Machine Build
• Manage supplier quality issues through the Defective Material Report (DMR) and Defective Laminate Report (DLR) process
• Manage on-hold inventory resulting from DMR and DLR processes
• Manage internally reported quality issues through the company’s NCR process
• Contribute to the investigation and resolution of customer complaints and field issues raised through the company’s CAPA (Corrective and Preventive Action) system
• Perform mechanical sample and incoming goods inspection and report results
• Perform incoming laminate sample inspection and report results
• Manage the calibration of the company’s gauges and instruments
• Support third party certification activities to recognised standards such as BRC Global Standard, Packaging and Packaging Materials and ISO 9001.
• To abide by all statutory requirements including those relating to health and safety.
• To ensure you read, understand and fulfil your responsibilities under the Company’s equal opportunities policy in place from time to time.
• To adhere to and promote all company policies and procedures in place from time to time including those relating to HR and health and safety
• To undertake any other reasonable duties as directed by the Line Manager.
• 5 GCSEs A-C or
• NVQ level 2 or
• IVQ Technician certificate
• Previous experience in an Inspection role, in an Engineering or Manufacturing environment
• Sound root cause analysis and problem-solving skills with a logical and systematic approach
• Good verbal, written and oral communication skills
• Excellent inter-personal skills
• Proficient with the MS Office suite of programmes or similar
• Demonstrable drive for continuous improvement
• Highly organised with a keen attention to detail
• Maintains confidentiality
• Able to work cross-functionally and collaboratively both internally and with suppliers
• Committed to a career in Quality
• Able to travel up to 10% with periodic evening and overnight assignments to domestic and international locations
• Full driving license
Desirable, but not essential:
• Level 3 or higher engineering or mechanical qualification.
• ISO 9001 internal or lead auditor
• Experience of statistical analysis/statistical process control
If this is a role you are interested in, please apply online ensuring your CV is up to date.
Alternatively, please email your CV directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
As part of the terms and conditions, all vacancies are advertised by equal opportunities employers.