Quality, Health and Safety Technician
- Location: Great Yarmouth & Surrounding Area
- Salary: Negotiable
- Working Hours: Full-time
- Length of Employment: Perm
- Reference: PS3298JE
- Sector: HSE
- Vacancy First Advertised: 19th Jul 2021
P+S Personnel are pleased to be working on behalf of our clients, who are currently seeking a Quality, Health & Safety Technician to join their team on a full-time permanent basis based in Great Yarmouth.
Our client supplies products, and services to the aeronautical, space, oil & gas, material science, nuclear, global energy, and military and defense industries. Due to recent orders from prestigious clients, they require a Quality, Health & Safety Technician to join their successful team.
• Reporting to the General Manager, this role will take responsibility for the maintenance of the ISO9001 standard, monitoring quality standards as per the commercial contractual standards, and overseeing site health & safety.
• Conducting internal audits and inspection to ISO:9001 quality standards – with purchasing authority, health and safety, and material rejection if this does not confirm to specification.
• Maintaining lifetime quality records and calibrations.
• Liaising with suppliers on conformance.
• Updating site safety documents including risk assessments, incident investigation, compiling data, contractor management, assisting with training and competency checks etc.
• Responsible for maintaining QMS.
• Conduct and host both internal and customer audits.
• GI Inspection of machined and fabricated components using conventional metrology.
• Liaise with suppliers on non-conforming product.
• Maintain calibration of site measurement equipment and processes.
• Visit suppliers for qualification/auditing purposes.
• Support quality visits at customer sites, as required.
Site Health and Safety:
• Assisting with generating and updating site safety documents (risk assessments, CoSHH assessments, SOPs, etc.)
• Assisting with the compilation of monthly KPI data relating to quality and H&S.
• Contractor management for site services including issuing work permits, site inductions, etc.
• Assisting with and maintaining site H&S approvals (e.g., Safe Contractor).
• Maintain training matrix in conjunction with Production Manager.
• Conduct internal fire drills.
• IOSH trained.
• Experience of ISO 9001 standards and experienced quality auditor.
• Experience in a bespoke, high value design and production company.
• Up to 5 years’ engineering experience with some exposure to ISO9001 as well as understanding and experience of working practices regarding Health & Safety.
• A motivated self-starter with the confidence to initiate change and to challenge behaviours.
• Highly organised with a keen eye for detail.
• Good understanding of engineering drawings including geometrical tolerancing.
• IOSH, or ideally NEBOSH certified (or willing to work towards obtaining NEBOSH).
• Ability to work on own initiative.
• Good knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (primarily Word and Excel).
• Good communication skills.
Education & Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree or Higher education qualification – Scientific / Engineering discipline.
• Trained auditor, IOSH, ISO9001 Standards.
If this is a role you are interested in, please apply online ensuring your CV is up to date.
Alternatively, please email your CV directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
As part of the terms and conditions, all vacancies are advertised by equal opportunities employers.