- Location: Norwich
- Salary: Negotiable
- Working Hours: Full Time
- Length of Employment: Perm
- Reference: PS3371JE
- Sector: Engineering
- Vacancy First Advertised: 10th Sep 2021
We are looking for a Quality Engineer to join an ever-growing industry and be part of a well-established and experienced team where, you will develop, learn and grow into the role.
The role of the Quality Engineer has several focus areas within the Company liaising with all internal departments, externally with interested parties and key stakeholders to ensure continued success of the business. The role requires a focussed individual who has the drive and enthusiasm to move forward in a changing business whilst improving the already very high standards held by the Company.
• Reporting to the Quality Manager.
Key Responsibilities/ Accountabilities
• Working effectively within the Quality team to maintain and improve on the Certified Quality Management System (ISO 9001:2015 and NATO Quality standard AQAP 2110 Edition D revision 1, July 2016).
• Assist the Supplier Development Engineer to monitor, analyse and improve the current Approved Supplier database to ensure quality performance KPI’s are met.
• Monitoring and management of the Company Non-conformance processes (internal and external) as part of the overall Quality team function.
• Assisting the implementation of action plans to ensure Quality performance improvement based on the analysis of performance.
• Working closely with the Quality Control Inspection Department to investigate and resolve non-conforming product received.
• Liaison with the Design Engineering teams as part of general product queries and non-conforming product investigation processes, where necessary.
• Conduct internal audits to ensure continued compliance with the Quality Management System requirements.
• Conducting Factory Acceptance Testing on completed systems to Engineering test specifications to confirm product compliance. This will include coverage of such testing with the Customer overseeing on occasion.
• Maintaining and updating QMS documentation and databases.
• Production of Certificates of Conformity for products supplied to the Customer base, including interrogation of the ERP database to confirmed completion of Production Design documents.
• Coverage of tasks undertaken by other Quality team members during holidays and absence.
• Internal non-conformance measures will need to be maintained for reporting.
• Improvement action target completion as part of the Quality Assurance team measures.
Both of the above KPI’s will be maintained and reported in partnership with the Quality Manager as departmental reporting to the Senior Management Team and the business.
The right candidate would need to go through high-level security clearance prior to work commencing.
If this is a role you are interested in, please apply online ensuring your CV is up to date.
Alternatively, please send your CV directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
As part of the terms and conditions, all vacancies are advertised by equal opportunities employers.