- Location: Norwich
- Salary: Negotiable
- Working Hours: Full Time
- Length of Employment: Perm
- Reference: PS3076SO
- Sector: Engineering
- Vacancy First Advertised: 13th Jul 2020
P+S Personnel are pleased to be working on behalf of our clients, who are currently seeking a Quality Engineer to join their team based in Norwich, Norfolk on a full time permanent basis.
The role of the Quality Engineer has several focus areas within the Company, liaising with all internal departments, externally with interested parties and key stakeholders to ensure continued success of the business. The role requires a focussed individual who has the drive and enthusiasm to move forward in a changing business whilst improving the already very high standards held by the Company.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Working effectively within the Quality team to maintain and improve on the Certified Quality Management System (ISO 9001:2015 and NATO Quality standard AQAP 2110 Edition D revision 1, July 2016).
• Assist the Supplier Development Engineer to monitor and improve the current Approved Supplier database to ensure quality performance level.
• Visit and assessment of new suppliers identified for potential approval for supply.
• Monitoring and management of the Non-conformance processes (internal and external) as part of the overall Quality team function.
• Assisting the implementation of action plans to ensure Quality performance improvement based on the Analysis of performance.
• Working closely with the Inspection Department to investigate and resolve non-conforming product received by the Company.
• Liaison with the Design/ Engineering teams as part of general product queries and non-conforming product investigation processes, where necessary.
• Conduct internal audits to ensure continued compliance with the Quality Management System requirements.
• Conducting Factory Acceptance testing on completed systems to Engineering specifications to confirm product compliance, which will include coverage of such testing with the Customer overseeing on occasion.
• Maintaining and updating QMS documentation.
• Production of Certificates of Conformity for products supplied to the Customer base, including interrogation of the ERP database to confirmed completion of Production. Design documents.
• Coverage of tasks undertaken by other Quality team members during holidays and absence.
• IRCA qualified Internal Auditor.
• Working with MRP/ERP database systems for business system management.
• Degree or similar level Engineering discipline would be an advantage.
• Working within processes controlling bespoke high end product and also volume manufacture environment would be an advantage.
• Good level of mechanical engineering knowledge and experience
• Good analytical and problem-solving mindset.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Ability to work in a team.
• Good inter-personal skills.
• Ability to read detailed Engineering drawings and understand specifications is essential.
• Flexibility in working to meet task-based deadlines.
• Be self-motivated with a strong ability to work under own initiative
• Proactive attitude and forward-thinking ethos.
• Ability to effect and adjust to change for improvement in a positive manner.
• Willingness to learn and develop yourself through company specialist training.
• Attention to detail.
• Good knowledge of Quality Management System Disciplines.
If this is a position you are interested in, please apply online ensuring your CV is up to date.
Alternatively, please email your CV directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
As part of the terms and conditions, all vacancies are advertised by equal opportunities employers.