- Location: Lowestoft, Suffolk
- Salary: Negotiable
- Working Hours: Full-time
- Length of Employment: Perm
- Reference: PS3277JE
- Sector: Manufacturing
- Vacancy First Advertised: 02nd Sep 2021
P+S Personnel are pleased to be working on behalf of our clients, who are currently seeking a Quality Assistant to join their team based in Lowestoft on a full-time, permanent basis.
To support the Manufacturing Director in administering the Quality Management Systems by monitoring, analysing, and reporting relevant quality performance across the business.
• Provide strong administrative support.
• Agree internal audit schedule with Manufacturing Director and adhered to plan.
• Carry out site audits of processes and departmental functional.
• Prepare audit reports and make improvement recommendations.
• Coordinating all administration associated with audits and report writing.
• Liaise with Manufacturing Director on a regular basis to ensure business systems meet the requirements of external accreditation bodies.
• Ensure quality documents are filed appropriately to ensure easy retrieval.
• Raise non-conformances as they occur and communicate to relevant staff and Manufacturing Director.
• Monitor audit corrective actions are closed out with sustainable resolution in a timely manner and appropriate evidence provided.
• Work/cooperating with all members of staff/teams across the business.
• Promoting and working towards the culture of Business Excellence.
Skills and Experience:
• Good Microsoft skills (Word/Excel).
• Meticulous attention to detail.
• Good project management and report writing skills.
• Excellent organisational skills.
• High degree of integrity.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written).
• Decisive, pro-active, and assertive with the ability to work under own initiative.
• Excellent influencing skills.
• Positive attitude.
• Driven to deliver against key and agreed targets.
• Ability to manage own time and resources required to perform the role.
• Is proactive in identifying own training needs and seeing them through to completion.
• Using the most appropriate method of communication to meet individual and business needs effectively.
• Working constantly on your own development through coaching in the interest of improving business performance.
• Continuously look for ways to improve performance by striving for excellence in the standards and methods of working.
• Agree targets to support business needs/individual competency levels, monitoring performance and progress against targets set.
• Performs effectively under pressure by remaining professional in all situations, considering the impact of your actions on others.
• GCSE Grade C or above in English & Maths (Essential).
• NVQ Level 2 (or above) – or a similar qualification (Essential).
• Previous experience working in a similar role would be advantageous, with the ability/aptitude to be trained.
42.5 hours per week (Monday to Friday) but flexibility may be required during the company’s peak trading periods.
If this is a role you are interested in, please apply online ensuring your CV is up to date.
Alternatively, please email your CV directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
As part of the terms and conditions, all vacancies are advertised by equal opportunities employers.