- Location: Manchester
- Salary: Negotiable
- Working Hours: Full Time
- Length of Employment: Perm
- Reference: PS3637PG
- Sector: Estimator
- Vacancy First Advertised: 04th May 2022
P+S Personnel are pleased to be working on behalf of our clients, who are currently recruiting a QS Estimator to join their team based in Manchester on a full time, permanent basis.
As QS Estimator, you will be responsible to the Commercial Manager / Estimating Manager, for the delivery of a professional and quality Estimating / Quantity Surveyor service for all identified tender enquiries and painting contracts.
• To accurately estimate tenders and return within timescales
• Conversion of tenders to live jobs
• Visit sites as required
• Maintain regular communication with customers and organise meeting as required
• Price variations and remeasures
• Production and presentation of reports at monthly management meetings
• To ensure all contract information is collected and communicated to the contracts team
• To cost jobs on an on-going basis
• To cost final completions of contract
• Submit valuations in line with dates agreed providing full substantiation of contract & variation works carried out
• Negotiate and agree certified amounts with client
• To manage costs in line with budgets
• Approval and monitoring of invoices / payments to supplies and labour
• Agree all payment dates with clients
• Production and presentation of contract reports at monthly management meetings
• Timely follow up of commercial issues
• Undertake such other duties that are required from time to time commensurate with this position
• To promote best practice in maintaining high levels of customer service
• Business development
• To carry out any other tasks required
• Estimating / QS qualification or qualified by experience
• Communication skills
• Customer care
• Information technology skills (estimating and post contract review systems knowledge desirable)
• Professional telephone manner
• Able to work on own initiative and part of a team
• Driving license
• Sales driven
If this is a role you are interested in, please apply online ensuring your CV is up to date.
Alternatively, please email your CV directly to email@example.com.
As part of the terms and conditions, all vacancies are advertised by equal opportunities employers.