- Location: Thetford
- Salary: Negotiable
- Working Hours: Full Time
- Length of Employment: Perm
- Reference: PS2951JE
- Sector: Engineering
- Vacancy First Advertised: 15th Jan 2020
P+S Personnel are pleased to be working on behalf of our clients, who are currently seeking a Proposals Engineer to join their team based in Thetford on a full time, permanent basis.
The Proposals Engineer will be tasked with designing project solutions that are detailed and in-depth and are economically aligned with the expectations of clients.
• Interpret client’s enquiry documents, prepare conceptual designs and draft formal tender responses to tight, customer specified deadlines.
• Undertake ongoing technical clarifications, requested by the client, throughout the life of the tenders, and support the Sales team through to successful order placement.
• Prepare and review accurate contract handover files for the Design office.
• Attend formal bid clarification meetings locally and overseas as required.
• Obtain sub-vendor compliant quotations for bought out items.
• Producing project estimates and bill of material (BOM) for LV Switchgear, Instrument Control Panels, PLC, ESD, MCC and Motor Starters.
• Formulate accurate cost build-ups based upon international standards and project specifications such as schematics, single line diagrams and operator standards.
• Review technical and some commercial content of Purchase Orders.
• Update Company database systems based on communications and feedback received.
• Liaise and negotiate with sub suppliers, where required.
• Support the Purchasing Department in identification and development of sub suppliers
• Raise contract review on sales orders received.
• Responsible of the review and counter check of proposals and contract handovers in line with Company policies.
If this is a role you are interested in, please apply online ensuring your CV is up to date.
Alternatively, please email your CV directly to email@example.com.
As part of the terms and conditions, all vacancies are advertised by equal opportunities employers.