- Location: Suffolk
- Salary: Negotiable
- Working Hours: Full-time
- Length of Employment: Perm
- Reference: PS3249SO
- Sector: Engineering
- Vacancy First Advertised: 11th Jun 2021
P+S Personnel are pleased to be working on behalf of our clients, who are currently seeking a Projects/Improvements Engineer to join their team based in Suffolk on a full time, permanent basis.
This is a collaborative role and forms an important part of delivering the company’s long-term strategic plan.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• To work with internal stakeholders to define projects and their success criteria.
• To ensure that the scope and design of defined projects are compliant to current health, safety and environmental regulation and legislation.
• To co-ordinate all project elements including design, sourcing, manufacture, installation and stakeholder sign-off.
• To manage the projects within time and cost targets as agreed with the Maintenance Engineering Manager.
• Plan and deliver the necessary resources including internal and sub contract resources.
• Accurately cost the necessary works, prepare and submit capital expenditure documentation to the Maintenance Engineering Manager.
• Evaluate the challenges faced by the organisation and take action to mitigate risks.
• Conceptualise and bring ideas and concepts into real life viable solutions.
• Ensure that sustainability and maintainability are built into delivered projects.
• Ensure that all functions under supervision operate in accordance with health, safety and environmental policies and procedures to ensure the safety of staff and visitors.
• Oversee and manage contractors while on site, including carrying out contractor inductions.
• Create and utilise a specification document to assist project management. Documentation will include a risk assessment and review of appropriate regulations as appropriate.
• Track tasks against an agreed project timing plan.
• Provide frequent written status reports to the Maintenance Engineering Manager and internal stakeholders.
• Work closely with Maintenance and Manufacturing colleagues to ensure project success.
• Contribute to continuous improvement activities.
• Develop strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
• Carry out any other duties that may reasonably be requested giving due regard to your existing status and provide necessary support to the Maintenance Engineering Manager.
• Proven leadership and project management skills.
• Excellent relationship management skills.
• Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to analyse complex data and provide meaningful information.
• Knowledge of lean techniques would be advantageous.
• A demonstrable track record in delivering successful improvement projects.
• The ability to exercise substantial initiative and judgement in all aspects of delivering improvement projects.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Educated to HNC or HND level in an Engineering related subject.
• Ideally completed IOSH Managing Safety qualification.
• A project management qualification is desirable but not essential.
• The ability to maintain a positive approach and meet agreed deadlines.
• A strong work ethic with the ability to positively influence the behaviour of others.
If this is a role you are interested in, please apply online ensuring your CV is up to date.
Alternatively, please email your CV directly to email@example.com.
As part of the terms and conditions, all vacancies are advertised by equal opportunities employers.