- Location: Gorleston, Great Yarmouth
- Salary: Negotiable
- Working Hours: Full Time
- Length of Employment: Perm
- Reference: PS2991EM
- Sector: Admin
- Vacancy First Advertised: 12th Feb 2020
P+S Personnel are pleased to be working on behalf of our clients, who are currently seeking a Projects Assistant to join their team based in Gorleston, on a full time permanent basis.
As Projects Assistant you will be a key member working within The Purchasing and Projects Team. Reporting to the Projects and Procurement Manager and Purchasing / Projects Supervisor the role will be involved with the planning and purchasing of, and the delivery to schedule of, fabrications, assemblies, components and sub-contractor services that conform to specification and are on time and within budget for all business streams.
The role will require a motivated and methodical individual who will analyse and act on MRP / ERP suggestions, Work Breakdown structures and direct sales order demand.
Tasks will consist of, but not limited to; arranging and confirming works orders in line with detailed demand as specified by the engineering team/sales demand, scheduling purchase orders, review system suggestions, analyse supply and demand levels in line with ERP / MRP parameters.
This role will require a person with excellent communication and coordination skills, who will engage and develop relationships with key stakeholders such as Sales, Engineering, Projects, Operational Managers, Production staff, Quality control, Assembly staff, Stores personnel and Logistics.
The quality of your information and communication will improve the delivery of goods through the supply chain, to support the site in maximising overall on time delivery performance.
Developing our business goes hand in hand with developing our people’s skills; with the support of the management team you will be open to career progression and continued self-development in order to reach personal and business goals.
Duties / Responsibilities:
• Create and populate job numbers / sub-job numbers / routings etc within Syspro (or any alternative ERP / PDM system in the future) with respect to materials requirements as determined by the engineering
• Translate all projects materials requirements through to purchasing instructions as determined by engineering drawings, schematics, electrical block diagrams etc as specified in WBS’s
• Arrange all associated off-site testing, proof loading etc and liaise with the production teams reference the painting and transport of units as required
• Understand and perform document control functions in accordance with site policy and procedures as applicable.
• Participate in the continuous updating and accurate generation of all documentation and associated build schedules in liaison with the Purchasing and Projects Supervisor and Projects / Procurement Manager.
• Work with engineering and production areas to ensure projects meet business needs in a timely and structured manner in terms of quality, cost and delivery.
• Perform additional assignments and responsibilities as assumed or requested by the Purchasing and Projects Supervisor and Projects / Procurement Manager or any other member of the management team.
• Actively participate in training as required.
• Ensure that all statutory and regulatory safety and environmental requirements are adhered to in line with company procedures and policies.
• Ensure all company policies surrounding data control, health & safety, quality requirements and housekeeping are met
• Support other departments and carry out other duties as and when business requirements dictate as may be reasonably expected by line manager
• Be fully aware of personal workload, prioritise and organise to ensure deadlines are achieved.
• Travel when required as dictated by business need
• GCSE or equivalent in Maths and English
• Experience within a supply chain environment
• Track record of negotiating with suppliers
• Experience of working to ISO accreditation standards
• Computer literacy (including good command of Microsoft Excel, Word, Project and Outlook)
• ERP & Purchasing Systems
If this is a role you are interested in, please apply online ensuring your CV is up to date.
Alternatively, please email your CV directly to email@example.com.
As part of the terms and conditions, all vacancies are advertised by equal opportunities employers.