- Location: Lowestoft, Suffolk
- Salary: Negotiable
- Working Hours: Full-time
- Length of Employment: Perm
- Reference: PS3383JE
- Sector: Manufacturing
- Vacancy First Advertised: 28th Sep 2021
P+S Personnel are pleased to be working on behalf of our client, who is currently seeking a Project Manager to join their team on a full-time permanent basis based in Lowestoft.
To manage operations and processes of site engineering projects in accordance with customer order specification. Situated in the Projects Team, the role will oversee a team of four, consisting of three Project Engineers and a Project Assistant. Working as part of a small team, you will be responsible for the effective coordination of all site activities, liaising with multiple departments together with subcontractors and suppliers to deliver projects on time. The role is challenging, suiting someone who is highly motivated and organised with strong communication skills.
• Organise, plan and manage site projects to schedule and within budget targets
• Coordinate site activities with commissioning, technical & site staff
• Communication with subcontractors and suppliers ensuring successful, timely contractual start up
• Liaising with Production Dept. to ensure smooth operations & processes
• Ensure H&S and quality guidance are adhered to by commissioning and site personnel
• Source and manage all site based shipments and hire equipment
• Manage cost effective deliveries, shipment and hire equipment for customer sites
• Deliver projects on time and at target margin
• Identify and justify improvements within projects function and opportunities to increase capacity
• Manage contract costings liaising with finance dept.
• Maintain and follow up purchase orders for project variation
• Communicate project plan with customer throughout project timeline, ensuring correct information is received and delivered
• Deliver positive, professional customer communication & maintain relationships, resolving customer queries and issues
• Prepare risk assessments and method statements for installation team on customer site
• Prepare shipment documentation liaising with customer/shippers
• Identify scope for product, process or operational improvement opportunities, liaising with installation team and Technical Manager on design changes
• Identify solutions which represent value engineered approach and/or exceed customer expectations
People and Processes:
• Deliver preliminary project plans and resource visibility to sales dept. during sales process
• Effective communication between engineering, site & production dept.
• Provide project plan to production manager
• Define resource required for commissioning dept. working with Technical Manager
• Ensure engineering & shipment documentation is in line with standard procedures and
• legislative requirements
• Comply with health and safety and act to prevent breaches or to minimise risk
• Experience in a project management role, ideally within a similar type of industry
• A demonstrated knowledge of working within a customer centric environment
• High standards and a commitment to quality in all areas of the role
• A methodical approach to organisation and problem solving
• Confidence and ability to manage
• Strong communication skills
If this is a role you are interested in, please apply online ensuring your CV is up to date.
Alternatively, please email your CV directly to email@example.com.
As part of the terms and conditions, all vacancies are advertised by equal opportunities employers.