- Location: Eye, Suffolk
- Salary: Negotiable
- Working Hours: Full Time
- Length of Employment: Perm
- Reference: PS3365SO
- Sector: Manufacturing
- Vacancy First Advertised: 08th Sep 2021
P+S Personnel are pleased to be working on behalf of our clients who are currently seeking a Project Controller to join their team based in Eye, Suffolk, on a full time permanent basis.
This role will include customer service, commercial responsibility and teamwork are core values of the Company, and the Projects Controller will utilise these values to ensure on-time, at-cost delivery of projects is successfully and effectively achieved.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• To ensure the Company successfully meets commercial and contractual requirements effectively for projects.
• To contribute to the development of systems that deliver projects that meet or exceed customer expectations.
• To ensure on-time, at-cost delivery of projects, mitigating risk to the business.
• To support continuous improvement activities to deliver efficiency across the business.
• To promote a right-first-time culture across the business.
• To comply with Company policies, procedures and processes. To deliver high service levels to internal and external customers.
• To support the Company’s Sales team during pre and post order negotiations to ensure all relevant contractual and commercial matters are satisfactorily concluded in accordance with Company Procedures.
• To use project planning tools to identify deliverables and milestones for all projects.
• To prepare clear and concise status reports regarding project milestones, deliverables, progress, risks and issues.
• To communicate with other departments to ensure project status, client expectations and Company expectations are understood across the business.
• To liaise with personnel across the business to ensure that commercial, contractual and financial risks are mitigated.
• To contribute to the development of business systems and processes that will minimise potential future contractual and commercial disagreement.
• To effectively manage changes to project scope, schedule and cost to ensure project plans are accurate.
• To contribute to Continuous Improvement activities associated with improved service quality through the development of ISO 9001 Procedures and systems.
• To represent the Company and its products at all times.
• To communicate and report all aspects of customer order management to the Projects Manager, providing a clear understanding of project status and potential risks to the business.
• To report to the Projects Manager on any concerns that may affect our ability to ensure on-time, at-cost delivery is achieved.
• To ensure documents and files are accurate, current and stored appropriately.
• To carry out any other duties that may reasonably be requested giving due regard to your role. To travel as required for the delivery of the objectives of the role.
• The Health & Safety of yourself and others in your area of control.
• Strong leadership, teamwork and communication skills.
• Good administrative skills and very high attention to detail.
• The ability to work under pressure, using your initiative, and to deadlines.
• Excellent commercial and contractual acumen.
• Self-motivated and decisive, with the ability to adapt to change and competing demands.
• The ability to shift readily between the “big picture” and the small but-crucial details, knowing when to concentrate on each.
• Computer proficient skills including MS Office Outlook, Word, Excel,PowerPoint and Microsoft TEAMS.
• Excellent interpersonal skills. Proven work experience gained within a projects or similar role.
• Proven ability to work collaboratively across multiple areas in order to achieve a common business objective.
• A demonstrable ability to manage project requirements in accordance with contractual frameworks.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• An in-depth understanding of the role of a projects controller/coordinator.
• Although not a prerequisite of the role, a technical background with a formal qualification eg: HNC/Degree would be an advantage. Alternatively, 3 years equivalent work experience gained within a project management environment.
• A second language, particularly Spanish, would be advantageous.
• Customer focus - internal and external.
• The ability to maintain an upbeat and positive attitude always.
• A strong work ethic with the ability to mentor and influence the behaviour of others.
If this is a role you are interested in, please apply online ensuring your CV is up to date.
Alternatively, please email your CV directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
As part of the terms and conditions, all vacancies are advertised by equal opportunities employers.