- Location: North Norfolk
- Salary: Negotiable
- Working Hours: Full-time
- Length of Employment: Perm
- Reference: PS3226AW
- Sector: Manufacturing
- Vacancy First Advertised: 19th May 2021
P+S Personnel are pleased to be working on behalf of our clients, who are currently seeking 2 x Production Supervisors to join their team on a full time, permanent basis, based in North Norfolk.
Main Purpose of the Job:
Supervise the production operation in all production areas of the company. Responsible for executing the production plan at the direction of the Production Manager and Operations Director. Ensuring that the production plan is achieved using business objectives and KPIs to the required management levels of Safety, Quality, People, Delivery and Cost.
• Execute the daily production plan, participate in the daily production meetings when required and maximise On Time in Full and that production plans are followed, and materials produced satisfy requirements.
• Accurately record and report the production achieved, performance to plan, down time, changeovers and line set up and modifying labour requirements accordingly.
• Monitor measure and accurately record yield and waste, monitor usage and waste of sundry items and consuma-bles (packing and film).
• Ensure full food safety compliance of CCPs, ensuring your teams are sufficiently trained in work processes and they are completed to the standard and quality required in meeting our customers specification and that proce-dures are adhered to and ensure production equipment is cleaned properly and according to procedure.
• Ensure Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) is being applied at all times.
• Ensure the sign off procedure is followed, and all paperwork and labelling are completed accurately and signed by the relevant colleagues.
• Focus on driving product quality in the business, ensuring that no incorrect, contaminated ingredients are used.
• Lead and manage the shift team and relevant personnel (internal and external) working within production, man-age your teams effectively to maximise efficiency and take ownership of all tasks related to the production area.
• Plan & co-ordinate the activities of the team in their area of responsibility and deputise for the Production Manag-er when required.
• Hold Personal development reviews with your teams to drive performance and understand individual aspirations.
• Liaise with engineering to maintain processing requirements and efficiencies.
• End to End effectively performance management of your teams, setting relevant KPI’s and SMART targets and de-velop through Personal performance reviews and plans.
• Liaise with Production Shift Manager and Operations Director for colleague training plans to ensure current and future skill requirement is met. Plan training with Training Coordinator.
• Ensure all new starters complete inductions, relevant training and completion of probation meeting and docu-mentation and ensure all relevant training is completed for each colleague adhering to production procedures, working practices and Company policy. Complete relevant Return to Works for colleague following absence.
• Liaise with HR regarding holiday entitlements/holiday planning.
• General education to include Maths and English A-C (GCSE or equivalent), A Level or equivalent (Desirable)
• Food Hygiene Level 3 and HACCP Level 3.
• Supervisor Training, NVQ Level 3 or equivalent qualification in Management, HND or equivalent in a relevant sub-ject, IOSH (Managing Safely) (Desirable).
• Minimum 2 years in a supervisory role, 5 years would be desirable.
• Excel and MS Office Proficient and experienced in dealing with ERP systems (Desirable).
• Understanding of practical application of HR processes and people management skills.
• Planning and organising skills.
• Interpersonal skills including the ability to evaluate and respond appropriately.
• Knowledge of Quality & Health & Safety procedures within Food manufacturing.
• Automated packing operations and GMP in Food Operations.
• Lean Manufacturing Principles (Desirable).
• Clear and concise communication at all levels and interpersonal skills including the ability to evaluate and re-spond appropriately.
• Leading, motivating, building a winning team and the ability to develop others
• Numeracy skills including basic data analysis and interpretation.
• Implementing change.
If this is a role you are interested in, please apply online ensuring your CV is up to date.
Alternatively, please email your CV directly to email@example.com.
As part of the terms and conditions, all vacancies are advertised by equal opportunities employers.