- Location: North Norfolk
- Salary: Negotiable
- Working Hours: Full Time
- Length of Employment: Perm
- Reference: PS3053SO
- Sector: Manufacturing
- Vacancy First Advertised: 26th May 2020
P+S Personnel are pleased to be working on behalf of our clients, who are currently seeking 2 x Production Supervisors to join their team on a full time, permanent basis, based in North Norfolk.
The right candidate must have previous supervisory experience on a production line.
Health & Safety:
• Assist with producing and reviewing risk assessments and safe systems of work.
• Take immediate action to prevent unsafe practices and isolate and report any uncontrolled hazards.
• Complete accident and near miss investigations, identifying route causes.
• Champion safe working practices with your team
• Manage your staff effectively to maximise efficiency for the Company.
• Implement the production plan efficiently to maximise the throughput during the production day.
• Ensure lines are staffed in accordance to the production plan.
• Accurately record and report the production achieved, performance to plan, down time, changeovers and line set up.
• Monitor measure and accurately record yield and waste.
• Drive projects, identifying opportunities and ownership of these through to completion.
• Attend meetings as required for training work-related issues.
• Participate in the daily production meetings when required.
• Monitor usage of sundry items and consumables.
• Liaise with engineering to maintain processing requirements and efficiencies.
• Ensure Good Manufacturing Practice is being applied.
• Ensure the Critical Control Points identified in the Company’s HACCP plan are properly monitored and recorded.
• Monitor hygiene in the Production areas during you shift and resolve or report any issues found
• Ensure food ingredients are being handled and stored in a food safe manner and according to food safety allergen and quality requirements.
• Ensure your staff follow the Company Hygiene code and maintain a high standard of personal hygiene while at work
• Ensure production equipment is cleaned properly and according to procedure
• Ensure the and sign off procedure is followed, and all paperwork and labelling is completed accurately and signed by the relevant staff
• Ensure that no incorrect, contaminated ingredients are used
• Stop production immediately and report to the Factory & Technical Managers if any incorrect, contaminated or in-correct ingredients are found to have been used in a product or mix
• Lead and manage the shift team and relevant non-shift personnel working in production.
• Supervise morning start up and evening closedown of production shifts.
• Ensure all new starters complete inductions, relevant training and completion of probation meeting and documenta-tion.
• Complete inductions for any temporary staff employed in production.
• Complete all relevant training in production procedures, working practices and Company policy.
• Liaise with HR regarding holiday entitlements/holiday planning.
• Complete Return to Works for colleague in a timely fashion and liaise any appropriate follow up with HR, ensuring Technical signs off any appropriate Return to Works.
If this is a role you are interested in, please apply online ensuring your CV is up to date.
Alternatively, please email your CV directly to Sharon@pspersonnelltd.co.uk.
As part of the terms and conditions, all vacancies are advertised by equal opportunities employers.