Production Quality Engineer
- Location: Norwich
- Salary: Negotiable
- Working Hours: Full Time
- Length of Employment: Perm
- Reference: PS3077SO
- Sector: Engineering
- Vacancy First Advertised: 13th Jul 2020
P+S Personnel are pleased to be working on behalf of our clients, who are currently seeking a Production Quality Engineer to join their team based in Norwich on a full time permanent basis.
Forming a vital part of the business, you will be responsible for ensuring quality of products for the customer and the business and working in collaboration to improve the businesses manufacturing and product processes.
Responsible for implementation of production processes, procedures and quality controls, leading productivity improvements with project-based activities, including new product introduction and manufacturing cell design to reduce waste, improve quality and safety, and reduce operating costs. Manage KPIs and ensure preventative actions are implemented. Work under own initiative liaising with the Company Technical Authority, Purchasing, Manufacturing and Quality departments amongst others. Working to target based plans reviewed on a regular basis by Senior Management.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Design new systems and processes and provide facilities & methods to ensure the cost-effective integration of new products or for the improvement of existing ones into manufacturing operations
• Ensure all product and system requirements are considered from the initial product conception to the finished result
• Assist with shop floor layout and cell designs
• Support with designing fixtures and tooling for assembly tasks
• Generating production documentation such as assembly instructions
• Reduce variability in manufacturing by providing standard work instructions, quality control points and operating procedures.
• Ensure product and process quality levels meet required specifications.
• Improve manufacturing efficiency by analysing and planning workflow
• Implement Quality monitoring and corrective/ preventive action processes that meet production needs.
• Work with and support the QA Supplier Development Engineer to develop the supply chain.
• Report down time and possible trends
• Support and lead continuous improvement, problem solving and process improvement activities
• Introduced and carry out FMEAs, (Failure Mode Effects Analysis) process documentation and implement improvements
• Investigate production and process issues providing technical support and training
• Keep up with current and developing engineering trends
• Contribute to continuous improvement activities
• Support and lead process improvement activities
• Write reports and present progress at meetings and to clients, where necessary.
• Achieve goals within budget
• Manage the Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
• Attend various meetings and action/communicate instructions
• Produce written reports and make presentations
• Perform root cause analysis and resolve problems
• Understanding manufacturing processes
• Understanding engineering drawings and other technical information
• Strong problem-solving skills and logical approach
• Understand lean manufacturing methodologies and techniques.
• Planning and prioritising activities
• Excellent negotiation skills
• Ability to present data effectively
• Understanding of Health and Safety practices
• Team working skills
• Analytical skills
• High level of IT skills
• Exercise technical judgement in deciding work methods
• Ability to train and lead teams within a work group environment
• Ability to achieve goals within budget
• Good understanding of customer expectations and deliverables with an awareness of the impact of failure/cost of poor quality
• Relevant manufacturing/engineering degree preferred, City & Guilds level 3, BTec National Diploma Level 3, or equivalent NVQ level 3 qualification
• Ability to use CAD packages and ability to design process layouts
• Experience of FMEA (Failure Mode Effects Analysis), continuous improvement and problem solving.
• Significant work experience in a manufacturing environment.
• Understanding of design and production costs to include waste, downtime, scrap and re-work
If this is a position you are interested in, please apply online ensuring your CV is up to date.
Alternatively, please email your CV directly to email@example.com.
As part of the terms and conditions, all vacancies are advertised by equal opportunities employers.