- Location: Norwich
- Salary: Negotiable
- Working Hours: Full Time
- Length of Employment: Perm
- Reference: PS3452JE
- Sector: Planning
- Vacancy First Advertised: 17th Dec 2021
P+S Personnel are pleased to be working on behalf of our clients, who are currently seeking a Production Planner to join their team based in Norwich on a full time, permanent basis.
This role will be to plan, organise and control production to ensure that goods are produced efficiently, on time, within budget and to standard. To achieve maximum possible throughout from the production system by scheduling the resources.
• Produce production schedule for all jobs.
• Implement and control the production schedule
• Review and adjust the schedule where and when needed
• Maintain the production planning board across multiple bits of kit from pre-press through to printing and finishing
• Determine the human resources required for the workload in conjunction with the production managers
• Allocate materials
• Work closely with shift production managers to ensure adherence to the agreed production plan
• Lead daily production meetings
• Cross channel communication with Client services for in bound work, warehousing and purchasing for consumables and outwork
• Producing daily capacity and performance reports in partnership with the shift production managers
• Managing special time critical projects
• Use critical thinking and problem-solving skills to resolve production conflicts
• Highly literate with attention to detail
• To demonstrate continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality and added value
• Able to work in a high-pressure environment
• Knowledge of quality systems and standards
• Knowledge of health and safety standards and compliance
• Knowledge of process improvement techniques
• Knowledge of business, finance and management principles
• Knowledge of human resource principles and practices
• In-depth computer skills
Experience within a busy digital and lithographic printing company would be advantageous
If this is a role you are interested in, please apply online ensuring your CV is up to date.
Alternatively, please email your CV directly to email@example.com.
As part of the terms and conditions, all vacancies are advertised by equal opportunities employers.