- Location: Lowestoft, Suffolk
- Salary: Negotiable
- Working Hours: Full-time
- Length of Employment: Perm
- Reference: PS3190SO
- Sector: Manufacturing
- Vacancy First Advertised: 24th Mar 2021
P+S Personnel are pleased to be working on behalf of our clients, who are currently seeking a Production Manager to join their team based in Lowestoft on a full-time, permanent basis.
Purpose of Role:
• To oversee the smooth running of production, taking final responsibility for ensuring on time, in full production with zero defects whilst hitting required productivity ratios and maintaining high safety standards.
• Have extensive knowledge of the Company, its aims, objectives and its strategic direction, hold to the Company Vision and Values at all times and lead the Production Team to meet the company's vision and goals.
• Draw up and maintain an effective production schedule and have an understanding of Lean principles.
• Liaise with the Purchasing Manager to ensure stock levels remain adequate.
• Responsible for the safety checks on workshop equipment and take responsibility for its maintenance, organising the repair of any damaged equipment.
• Complete QC checks and final PDI on all production, demonstrate and uphold the Company’s quality standards holding others to account.
• Monitor the production processes and adjust schedules and targets as required.
• Monitor and report on productivity ratios and product standards and oversee quality control.
• Liaise with Purchasing, Customer Services and Sales Support to maintain effective communication.
• Responsible for Health and Safety in the workshop, general housekeeping and maintenance in the workshop/on site.
• Ensure customer orders are completed on time and to budget and that quality standards and targets are met.
• Collate and analyse data, putting together production reports for The Directors.
• Manage the Production Team to ensure dispatches are on time and in full.
• Ensure all relevant paperwork is completed in full.
• Ensure each production team member completes the Tracker Sheets correctly and in full.
• Consistently hit target – meeting the required throughput in the production workflow.
• Supervise and motivate the Production Team and review individual’s performance and identify training needs.
• Ensure all work is completed to the required high standard.
• Be prepared to support and/or cover for staff in all production roles.
Skills & Attributes:
• Exceptional people management and negotiating skills.
• Exceptional attention to detail and manual dexterity.
• Excellent organisational and time management skills, the ability to prioritise tasks and work well under pressure and manage your own workload, flexibility and adaptability to changing workloads.
• A problem-solving approach to work with the ability to use own initiative.
• Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
• Strong team player with the ability to foster good working relationships, with a focus on providing excellent customer service.
• A commitment to improve your professional skills and knowledge.
• Good computer system skills.
• Target driven and possess a high level of commercial awareness.
• Previous experience of managing a team.
• Hands on experience in the fibreglass, painting, mechanical or electrical field. (Preferable)
If this is a role you are interested in, please apply online ensuring your CV is up to date.
Alternatively, please email your CV directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
As part of the terms and conditions, all vacancies are advertised by equal opportunities employers.