- Location: Norwich
- Salary: Negotiable
- Working Hours: Full Time
- Length of Employment: Perm
- Reference: PS3645JE
- Sector: Engineering
- Vacancy First Advertised: 06th Jun 2022
P+S Personnel are pleased to be working on behalf of our clients, who are currently recruiting a Production Engineer to join their team on a full time permanent basis based in Norwich.
Responsible for the implementation of production processes, equipment and procedures and leading productivity improvements with project-based activities. Responsibilities also extend to new product introduction and manufacturing cell design to reduce waste, improve quality and safety and reduce operating costs.
• Designing new systems and processes.
• Providing facilities and methods to ensure the cost-effective integration of new products or for the improvement of existing ones into manufacturing operations.
• Ensuring all product and system requirements are considered from the initial product conception to the finished result.
• Assisting with the shop floor layout and cell designs
• Designing fixtures and tooling for assembly tasks
• Generating production documentation such as assembly instructions
• Reducing variability in manufacturing by providing standard work instructions, quality control points and operat-ing procedures.
• Ensuring product and process quality levels meet required specifications
• Overseeing the installation of machinery and equipment
• Improving manufacturing efficiency by analysing and planning workflow, space requirements and equipment layout
• Assisting with the implementation of Quality monitoring and corrective / preventive action processes.
• Introducing and carrying out FMEAs (Failure, Mode, Effects, Analysis) process documents and implementing im-provements.
• Reporting requirements to include downtime, trends, analysis, client reports.
• Solving problems and leading continuous improvement.
• Any other such duties that may be reasonably compatible with the nature and scope of the role.
• Strong problem-solving and analytical skills with logical approach
• Experience of leading and training teams
• Excellent Health & Safety legislative knowledge
• Strong communication and presentational skills
• Solid understanding of manufacturing, engineering and technical processes/techniques and information
• High level of computer literacy to include MS Project, Excel, Word and Powerpoint.
• Good all round organisational and prioritisation skills working to strict deadlines and budget
• Full Driving Licence to drive in the UK and abroad.
• Valid passport with no travel restrictions.
• Strong analytical skills.
• Team focussed.
• Degree in mechanical/production engineering or equivalent qualification (Desirable)
• Willingness and ability to travel both in the UK and Abroad (Desirable)
• A willingness to learn and develop (Desirable)
If this is a role you are interested in, please apply online ensuring your CV is up to date.
Alternatively, please email your CV directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
As part of the terms and conditions, all vacancies are advertised by equal opportunities employers.