Procurement / Ledger Assistant
- Location: Norwich
- Salary: Negotiable
- Working Hours: Full Time
- Length of Employment: Perm
- Reference: PS2918SO
- Sector: Finance
- Vacancy First Advertised: 27th Nov 2019
P+S Personnel are pleased to be working on behalf of our clients, who are currently seeking a Procurement / Ledger Assistant to join their team based in Little Plumstead, Norwich on a full time permanent basis. Delivering a key role supporting multiple sectors within the business, but with a primary function to fulfil those administrative requirements associated to the Procurement Controller and the Finance Team, demanding the ability to work on own initiative, whilst being methodical, well organised to establish and maintained an auditable administration process.
With a primary focus to support the function of the business, some of the principle duties are as follows, but not limited to:
• Accurately process around 2000 invoices, including the logging of receipt, promptly and accurately filing for record, within the time parameters required of the business. (Daily)
• Validating all invoices, matching to GRN’s / Delivery notes, for approval. (Daily)
• Liaising with the Production and Commercial Team members to ensure receipt of materials or services are complete and in full matching invoice sums. (Daily)
• Accurate capture of all validated expenditure onto SAGE, for reporting. (Daily)
• Update and maintain, live dispute logs providing intelligence to the procurement controller when placing further orders and the production and commercial team when instructing further works or calling off further materials. (Daily)
• Challenges those costs received against prior agreed terms or rates, identifying any overcharge or misspecification to orders raised. (Daily)
• Processing / raising of orders via Sage (Holiday Cover)
• Liaising with suppliers and sub-contractors to ensure due credits are received within the same period to enable the capture of accurate month end ledger. (Daily)
• Monthly statement of account reconciliation, ensuring ledgers are up to date and free from error. (Monthly)
• Advise, the Commercial Manager and Production Director to provide supporting information and assisting with the resolution of monthly contract expenditure. (Monthly)
• Minimum 3 years’ experience of working within a procurement / accounts environment with good knowledge and experience of Sage accounts software or similar systems.
• Meticulous attention to detail and a focus on accuracy
• The ability to work to strict defined deadlines
• An ability to ensure that all requirements are satisfied in a professional manner.
• Highly organised, meticulous in your approach to work, focused, self-disciplined and motivated to complete tasks accurately and within time scales set by the business.
• Strong communication and influencing skills
• Confidence to challenge anomalies and ensure compliance with company policies and procedure
• An aptitude for IT and good working knowledge of Sage and Excel
• A positive, can-do approach to work.
If this is a role you are interested in, please apply online ensuring your CV is up to date.
Alternatively, please email your CV directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
As part of the terms and conditions, all vacancies are advertised by equal opportunities employers.