Procurement Administration Assistant
- Location: Great Yarmouth
- Salary: Negotiable
- Working Hours: Full Time
- Length of Employment: Temp
- Reference: PS2992EM
- Sector: Admin
- Vacancy First Advertised: 13th Feb 2020
P+S Personnel are pleased to be working on behalf of our clients, who are currently seeking a Procurement Administration Assistant to join their team on a temporary basis until approximately the end of July / start of August, based in Great Yarmouth.
This role will include assisting the procurement of services to achieve cost effectiveness and optimum quality.
• Provide first point of contact for procurement enquiries for Great Yarmouth, Aberdeen and Denmark.
• Assist in the provision of procurement services to achieve lowest costs, optimum quality and appropriate delivery time for sourced materials and services.
• Populating and updating the Supplier AVL, ensuring all approved vendors are added to the list and flagging and chasing up expired certification.
• Assist the Procurement and Supply Chain Manager in the sourcing of new suppliers.
• Ensure all purchases and requirements are dealt with in line with defined procurement procedures.
• Develop and maintain supplier relationships.
• Sourcing quotations from approved suppliers and providing price summaries to requestor for consideration.
• Generation of all purchase orders utilising the purchasing system – Business Central.
• Issuing purchasing requirements to supplier via purchase orders to suppliers.
• Processing order acknowledgements, expediting deliveries and communicating delays with orders to Operations and Engineering.
• Ensuring equipment and materials are supplied to required timescale.
• Assist in developing and populating Business Central with regards to vendor management, price lists and material descriptions.
• Assisting the Procurement and Supply Chain Manager in liaising with internal customers, departments and suppliers.
• Ensure equipment and materials are supplied to required time-scale.
• Maintain records / files of all purchasing transactions
• Follow Due Diligence and Compliance in line with Legislation, guidelines and Procurement Procedures
• Assisting Procurement and Supply Chain Manager with Supplier Evaluations, Audits and Reviews
• Assisting Procurement and Supply Chain Manager with Quarterly Budgetary Reviews and Maintaining up to date overhead information
• Adhere to Company policies and procedures.
• To carry out other duties as required by the Procurement and Supply Chain Manager, such as general administration tasks including but not limited to, booking flights, accommodation and other travel bookings, answering the switchboard and directing calls, general filing and record keeping.
• Minimum of 2 years relevant administration experience withing a procurement function, preferably in Oil and Gas or a similar industry
• Self-motivated and able to work under pressure
• Good team player with sound interpersonal skills
• Good written and verbal communication skills and good understanding of IT systems
If this is a role you are interested in, please apply online ensuring your CV is up to date.
Alternatively, please email your CV directly to email@example.com.
As part of the terms and conditions, all vacancies are advertised by equal opportunities employers.