Plant Services Engineer
- Location: Beccles
- Salary: Negotiable
- Working Hours: Full Time
- Length of Employment: Perm
- Reference: PS2897AW
- Sector: Engineering
- Vacancy First Advertised: 04th Nov 2019
P+S Personnel are pleased to be working on behalf of our clients, who are currently seeking a Plant Services Engineer to join their team based in Ellough, on a full time permanent basis.
Main Responsibilities and Duties
• To maintain all service plant in good working order, to keep expenditure within budget and to keep accurate and current records on work undertaken.
• To ensure all water treatment equipment is operating correctly within the guide parameters
• To ensure the correct running and maintenance of all air compressors refrigeration equipment, compressed air dryers, pumping and heating systems to meet the required standards.
• To maintain a high standard of health and safety; to maintain records required by regulations on lifting equip-ment, sprinkler systems, fire alarms, compressed air regulations and Local Exhaust Ventilation systems and to per-form all necessary tests to ensure the safety of such equipment.
• To be responsible for the safety and practices of contractors on site called in by the job holder and to ensure that maintenance contracts are correctly fulfilled.
• To maintain a high standard of housekeeping in all plant rooms and other areas under their control.
• To keep detailed records of all maintenance work, including routine checks in the appropriate maintenance log-book.
• Complying with all company standards (including ISO and BRC) and procedures.
• Qualified as a mechanical and/or electrical engineer
• Previous knowledge of working in a plant service engineering role would be advantageous; in particular working knowledge of reciprocating and screw air compressors is desirable
• Attention to detail for good record keeping
• Good Microsoft Word and Excel skills
• The ability to work on one’s own initiative to achieve objectives and taking accountability for work/actions un-dertaken.
• The ability to work under pressure, remaining calm and in control with the ability to meet tight deadlines.
Working Hours (Double Day)
• Week 1 – 06:00 to 14:00 Monday to Friday
• Week 2 – 14:00 to 22:00 Monday to Friday
There will also be the requirement to cover site duties for a few hours on alternate weekends to cover shutdown or start up of equipment when required, paid at an overtime or call out rate.
If this is a role you are interested in, please apply online ensuring your CV is up to date.
Alternatively, please email your CV directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
As part of the terms and conditions, all vacancies are advertised by equal opportunities employers.