- Location: Great Yarmouth
- Salary: Negotiable
- Working Hours: Full Time
- Length of Employment: Perm
- Reference: PS3374PG
- Sector: Marine
- Vacancy First Advertised: 17th Sep 2021
P+S Personnel are pleased to be working on behalf of our clients who are currently seeking an Operations Supervisor to join their team based in Great Yarmouth, on a full time permanent basis.
This role will be to plan, organise and lead operations to ensure they are conducted in line with Company written procedures, including health and safety, operational and other required guidelines. Proactively supervise the ports operational areas including vessels, quays and other working areas. Accountable for the duties of the general operatives, and any third-party labour or contractors under their own or the company’s control. Work with other colleagues within the business to deliver customer-focused services and support.
You will be managing gangs of up to 15 personnel and overseeing all FLT operations.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Provide effective and proactive supervision and leadership of General Operatives, third party labour, contractors, and users of Port controlled quays.
• Promote a positive health and safety culture that complies with business requirements and expectations.
• Operate in accordance with company health & safety requirements to include; Safety Management System, Safe Systems of Work, Risk
• Assessments, Golden Rules.
• Operate in hazardous and challenging outdoor environments.
• Ensure the safe and efficient discharge of vessels.
• Ensure that operations follow the required plans and procedures.
• Ensure the safe and efficient operation of all activities, and actively look for and promote improvement opportunities.
• Ensure the company’s systems, records and forms are completed accurately and on time.
• Produce risk assessments, dynamic risk assessments and toolbox talks and deliver to colleagues.
• Produce and administrate vessel operation pack documentation, for provision to company and client.
• Deliver effective leadership and excellent communication.
• Deliver specific Operational Requirements as set out in the ‘Operations
• Responsibility Matrix’.
• Liaise with customers and agents to ensure provision of a professional and well organised service, maximising revenue opportunities where possible.
• Work on a flexible pattern operating on a 24-hour, 7-day week basis.
• Experience of port and cargo handling operations.
• Experience in lifting operations (port side).
• Experience gained in operational leadership activities.
• Knowledge of port charges, agreements and contracts.
• Knowledge of best health and safety practice and procedure.
• Good IT skills – dealing with timesheets and sail documentation .
Working hours: 40 hours per week, plus flexibility to cover 7 days to meet the demands of the business.
If this is a role you are interested in, please apply online ensuring your CV is up to date.
Alternatively, please email your CV directly to email@example.com.
As part of the terms and conditions, all vacancies are advertised by equal opportunities employers.