- Location: Great Yarmouth
- Salary: Negotiable
- Working Hours: Full Time
- Length of Employment: Perm
- Reference: PS3360AW
- Sector: Oil and Gas
- Vacancy First Advertised: 08th Sep 2021
P+S Personnel are pleased to be working on behalf of our clients, who are currently seeking an Operations Supervisor to join their team based in Great Yarmouth, on a full time permanent basis.
In this role you will be responsible for supervision of our quayside operations during the execution of the daily work plan as set by the Operations Manager.
Through your significant experience in this field, knowledge of offshore practices/regulations and excellent people management skills you will lead site personnel to deliver the highest quality service through the safest, most cost-effective methods. As our ideal candidate you will have a practical understanding of logistics operations and its business drivers.
• Provide guidance and instruction to Quayside Operatives to ensure all lifts across the quayside comply with Company Lifting Plan whilst promoting a consistent and positive safety culture.
• Monitor and resolve all issues at the Quayside, working alongside colleagues at management and operational level affecting successful delivery of the daily plan, including cargo discharge/loading and bulks loading operations.
• Attend and apply best efforts to all training requirements identified in line with this role profile and the training matrix.
• Provide on the job training and/or mentoring for new or inexperienced personnel when deemed proficient to do so.
• Use leadership skills to support and develop your team, completing personal development plans and providing feedback on performance
• Provide support to Operations Manager ensuring operations across Quayside and Warehousing are managed whilst away from the business
• Ensure operational activities meet client contractual agreements and obligations, demonstrating a strong commercial awareness in the decision-making process to manage potential issues.
• Inform the Operation Controllers and Operations Manager where contractual failures, or potential failures, exist.
• Identify issues affecting productivity and provide resolutions where appropriate.
• Ensure the assessment of risk for all operational activities is carried out in line with HSE Guidelines, codes of practice and legislative requirements and that Company’s Permit to Work is managed to support the execution of work across the site.
• Act as the initial Emergency Response Team Lead for all Quayside emergencies ensuring all incidents and accidents are highlighted and reported in accordance with Company procedures.
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to develop and maintain positive relationships with colleagues, customers and vendors
• Effective negotiating skills with the ability to influence and challenge people at all levels.
• Adapts to short timescales/changing deadlines, liaising with multiple sources, ensuring high standards are not compromised under pressure.
• Proactively seeks to devise and implement opportunities for continuous improvement.
• Solutions based with strong analytical, planning and organising skills, and an excellent attention to detail.
• A team contributor with the ability to work stand-alone, demonstrating initiative and ownership.
• Supervisory experience with a professional, consistent approach to the management of people and ideally practical knowledge of the Working Time Director.
• Continuously promotes a pro-active HSEQ culture, ensuring participation and compliance, and a practical understanding of accident/incident investigations.
• Well-developed IT skills across the Microsoft suite and experience of in-house systems.
• Banksman Slinger OPITO Stage 3 / 4 or NPORS Slinger/Signaler
• Forklift Certification (to 10T+)
• LOLER Focal Point (or working towards)
• COSHH Assessment
• Manual Handling
• IOSH Managing Safety
• Dangerous Goods by Sea (IMDG)
If this is a role you are interested in, please apply online ensuring your CV is up to date.
Alternatively, please email your CV directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
As part of the terms and conditions, all vacancies are advertised by equal opportunities employers.