- Location: Eye
- Salary: Negotiable
- Working Hours: Full Time
- Length of Employment: Perm
- Reference: PS3731AW
- Sector: Manufacturing
- Vacancy First Advertised: 04th Aug 2022
P+S Personnel are pleased to be working on behalf of our clients, who are currently seeking an Operations Manager to join their team on a full-time permanent basis, based in Eye, Suffolk.
The Operations Manager will be the main element in linking Production, Sales, Central Services and Clients. This role will require critical thinking and problem-solving skills along with written and verbal communication expertise.
• Production scheduling of customer delivery timescales.
• Liaising with purchasing on material and component priorities and schedules.
• Prioritisation of workloads, scheduling and liaise with Operations.
• Identify capacity issues and maintain plans as timescales change.
• Management of Operations staff (drawing office, production, installations, stores etc)
• Holding production meetings with operational heads of departments.
• Specifying and ordering controls/control panels and dealing with contract control engineers.
• Specifications/order acknowledgements and amendments to customers.
• Customer liaison for drawing approvals and general documentation.
• Identifying and collecting contract variations and advising of contract cost updates /quotation.
• Managing service and spares departments.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to oversee many areas at the same time.
• Good people manager.
• Project background and experience with Microsoft Project.
• Production planning experience and experience of working with MRP systems.
• Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
• Drawing project background would be advantageous but not essential.
If this is a role you are interested in, please apply online ensuring your CV is up to date.
Alternatively, please apply directly by emailing your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
As part of the terms and conditions, all vacancies are advertised by equal opportunities employers.