- Location: Great Yarmouth
- Salary: Negotiable
- Working Hours: Full Time
- Length of Employment: Perm
- Reference: PS3730SO
- Sector: Co-ordinating
- Vacancy First Advertised: 04th Aug 2022
P+S Personnel are pleased to be working on behalf of our clients, who are currently recruiting for an Operations Coordinator to join their team on a full time permanent basis, based in Great Yarmouth.
Co-ordination and processing of all Airfreight import / export shipments, in line with client directives and Company standard operating procedures. Provide support to Network and UK branches with their import / export requests / requirements. This role will be reporting directly to the Operations Manager.
• Fully conversant with all in-house systems.
• Managing Export / import shipment on a ‘cradle to grave’ operational basis from quotation, execution and client invoicing.
• Responding to Quote requests in a timely efficient manner for external and internal clients. Identifying any missing information at earliest opportunity and pro-actively communicating with requester to compete a quote.
• Booking of shipments with carriers – Airlines, shipping lines and road transport companies.
• Ensure data fully and accurately entered into all systems in accordance with company best practice.
• Process all shipping documentation including, but not limited to – MAWB, HAWB, Bill of lading, CMR and Standard shipping note.
• Maintain a thorough understanding of HM Revenue & Customs regulations.
• Adhere to destination specific documentation requirements.
• Attend and contribute to daily team briefings to discuss current workload or any other relevant information.
• Resolving day to day issues with Clients and Vendors to include advising and or / escalation for support to General Manager as appropriate.
• Proactive communication to both internal and external clients with any identified actual or potential service issue, volunteering optimum alternative solution to meet required transit.
• Full understanding of Compliance Programme.
• Ensure Dangerous Goods procedures are followed within the department for successful export in accordance with the current regulations.
• Responding to service updates and status updates as required by internal and external clients.
• Managing a specific portfolio of designated Great Yarmouth accounts and taking on additional jobs as import / export department workload requires.
• Working alone if required and managing operational workload during times of staff shortages or work colleague absence.
• Maintaining profit margins by correctly selecting best service providers / airline to meet clients service / transit expectation but maximise margin.
• Utilising Cargo Office for Airline selection and flagging up to Management / Airline Purchasing any identified issues and non-conformities.
• Managing pre / post flights and exception reporting / status updates to external and internal clients. Assisting in credit control with specified clients / agents as required.
• Teamwork - Recognise the impact you have on others and the value they bring to the team.
• Responsibility & Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and make decisions.
• Time Management - Ensuring that tasks are completed on time through efficient organization and planning.
• Work Quality - Maintaining a high standard of work quality through accuracy and efficiency when completing tasks.
• Communication - Uses appropriate form of communication and ensures message is clear, concise, and understood while showing respect for others.
• Work Attitude - Displays a positive attitude, maintains a high degree of commitment, and seeks continuous self-improvement.
• Appearance - Maintaining a smart and professional appearance at all times.
• Time Keeping & Attendance - Ensuring you arrive at work on time and are punctual throughout the day and regularly attending work and complying with Sickness policy.
• Displays a positive and outgoing attitude, maintaining a high degree of commitment to improvements and change.
• Experience in Air Freight import and export forwarding.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Experienced in handling Dangerous Goods.
• Comprehensive understanding of import / export regimes and understanding of Customs Procedures.
• Comprehensive understanding of ASM Sequoia and CHIEF.
• Familiar with Lloyds Loading List, OAG Flight Guide and Cargo Office.
• Excellent Microsoft skills, in particular Excel.
• Good oral and communication skill.
• Good organisational skills and an ability to react to suit operational demands, must be able to organise time effectively and prioritise tasks to cope with fluctuating workloads.
• High level of accuracy in checking and processing information.
• Ability to form good relationships, with clients, colleagues, and vendors.
• Able to work using own initiative, and as part of a team.
• Good educational background
• DG awareness / DG by Air certification
• Full driver’s license
If this is a role you are interested in, please apply online ensuring your CV is up to date.
Alternatively, please email your CV directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
As part of the terms and conditions, all vacancies are advertised by equal opportunities employers.