- Location: Norwich
- Salary: Negotiable
- Working Hours: Full-time
- Length of Employment: Perm
- Reference: PS3218SO
- Sector: Oil and Gas
- Vacancy First Advertised: 27th Apr 2021
P+S Personnel are pleased to be working on behalf of our clients, who are currently seeking an Operations Coordinator to join their team based near Norwich on a full-time, permanent basis.
The purpose of this role is to deliver, control, coordinate and manage costs of operations, ensuring legal SHEQ compliance of industry, regulatory and internal procedures and standards.
Tasks and responsibilities:
• Responsible for the operational safety and quality of operations.
• Responsible for ensuring maximisation of gross margin on operations.
• Responsible for ensuring the accurate coordination of all aspects of operations in line with company processes.
• Responsible for ensuring all enquiries are logged and followed up in a timely manner, ensuring where required a quote is raised, issued and followed up.
• Ensure all operations are ‘closed out’ in line with all legal and company rules, regulations, processes and procedures.
• Monitor supplier invoices to ensure accuracy, gaining approval and are processed for payment within the payment terms.
• Manage of all aspects of logistics related to the operations and ensure all operations are invoiced accurately and in a timely manner.
• Provide out of hours cover on a rotational basis 24hrs a day, 365 day a year.
• Ensure that engagement with existing and new key stakeholders are forged and maintained in particular Superintendents and Base Agents.
• Provide support on critical equipment and assets by monitoring and reporting quality and safety issues.
• Provide support to chase outstanding debt.
• Assist with managing the base contractors including support crafts related to operations and provide support in relation to all documentation involved with operations.
• Consult with the Equipment Team to ensure coordination of supply chains, base stock control and takes and certification of equipment.
• Consult with the Support Team to coordinate Base Contractor compliance documentation, create documentation and control for the operations.
• Provide support and consult with the Assurance team in relation to compliance, Superintendent training, auditing and policing of operations.
• Provide support to the Area Managers to improve and manage base costs, controls of P&L procurement and new base set ups.
• Provide support and consult with the Business Development Team to enhance new business opportunities and retention of current business.
Qualifications, Behaviours and Experience:
• Be adaptable, positive and enthusiastic and possess the ability to think laterally and act proactively through reasoned decision making.
• A solution finder who is tenacious.
• Operational and logistical focus and business acumen.
• Ability to adapt to change in the business.
• Good job costing, quoting and invoicing performance, good turnover and margin management.
• Focus and understanding of the importance of operation procedures.
• Ability to handle high pressure, intense situations and handle them calmly.
• Good customer service and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Good knowledge of the offshore oil and gas market.
• Good reporting skills
• Willingness to learn all aspects of Assurance related to operations.
• Team building qualities and good interpersonal skills.
• Proven ability to self-manage workflow and work at pace.
This role will include additional out of hours working (evenings & weekends).
If this is a role you are interested in, please apply online ensuring your CV is up to date.
Alternatively, please email your CV directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
As part of the terms and conditions, all vacancies are advertised by equal opportunities employers.