- Location: Great Yarmouth & Surrounding Area
- Salary: Negotiable
- Working Hours: Full-time
- Length of Employment: Perm
- Reference: PS3649JE
- Sector: Admin
- Vacancy First Advertised: 13th May 2022
P+S Personnel are pleased to be working on behalf of our clients, who are currently recruiting a Marketing Administrator/Executive to join their team based in Great Yarmouth.
This is a diverse marketing role that includes some administrative holiday/illness back-up for the company that operates across varying industry sectors: Oil & Gas, Construction and Environmental.
• The main role is to develop and extend customer relations, through a combination of: Mailchimp mailings, Personal emails, Phone calls (ideally to a person, not a voicemail!), Face-to-face meetings, supplemented by occasional trade fair attendance – 3-5 a year, most involving day trips.
• There are also the indirect channels, such as Trade Directories, which will require monitoring and updating, various contacts lists – e.g. press and trade fair lists – updated, whether in excel or on the database.
• As there is no marketing assistant, a significant amount of time will consist of routine tasks such as researching missing customer job titles and adding to the database, running weekly database reports, updating spreadsheets and filing. The applicant will sometimes need to be resourceful in finding out information!
• Press releases, directory updates, adverts, trade fair material (e.g. flyers) will also fall into this role.
• The website – as a minimum, posting fortnightly news items and liaising with our web editor and designer on updates. There may be scope to develop this role.
• Research on new target markets will also be part of the brief.
• Customer database - updating and extending the customer database
• Weekly follow-up phone calls to customers we have given quotes to, leading to a weekly report
• Researching and updating missing information – e.g. job titles
• Adding directories, trade fairs and trade publications to the database
• A rolling programme of keeping contacts updated
• Weekly or fortnightly mailings and campaign spreadsheets
• Dealing with unsubscribes
• Updating contacts lists
• Monthly news updates
• Quote phone follow-up calls
• Mailchimps and emails
• Attendance at selected trade fairs
• E.g. flyers, promotional postcards
• Occasional event management, such as the annual MEMORIAL RACE DAY at Great Yarmouth races
• Updating lists of the trade press, ezines and directories
Selected tasks to provide holiday and/or illness cover:
• Administrative paperwork for incoming and outgoing equipment
• Administrative support for customer quotations
• Excellent time management skills, with the ability to vary the pace of work, according to deadlines and priorities.
• Organised – updating the ring binders with hard copies, updating contact lists and the database, noting comments and follow-up dates, keeping a pending list.
• Ability to prioritise and juggle tasks.
• Be proactive – for example, keep a pending list and gently chase if someone hasn’t responded.
• Confident and friendly phone manner - experienced with dealing with customers both face-to-face and on the phone.
• Have a friendly, positive and flexible attitude.
• Ability to work as part of a team and help other team members when required.
• The Marketing Director works offsite therefore, must be happy communicating by phone and email.
• Be prepared for some repetitive tasks, the role combines that of a marketing assistant and marketing executive – so you need to be comfortable with routine (at times boring) work.
• Have a good command of the English language including grammar and the correct use of punctuation and the ability to write jargon free content and summarised reports.
• Competent in the use of MS Word, MS Outlook, able to format MS Excel spreadsheets and use file transfer applications such as WeTransfer.
• Experienced in the use of Mailchimp, Access, InDesign and WordPress would be advantageous.
If this is a role you are interested in, please apply online ensuring your CV is up to date.
Alternatively, please email your CV directly to email@example.com.
As part of the terms and conditions, all vacancies are advertised by equal opportunities employers.