- Location: Lowestoft, Suffolk
- Salary: Negotiable
- Working Hours: Full-time
- Length of Employment: Temp to Perm
- Reference: PS3137JE
- Sector: Manufacturing
- Vacancy First Advertised: 28th Sep 2021
P+S Personnel are pleased to be working on behalf of our clients, who are currently seeking Manufacturing Operatives to join their team based in Lowestoft, on a full-time, temporary basis.
Key tasks & skills:
• Operate (be trained/coached where appropriate) on the use of bending machines, swaging, multi-head punches, drilling machinery and hydraulic presses with an aim to develop prototypes/specials for long-term manufacture
• Understand and work effectively with steel & aluminium processes
• Follow manufacturing processes to drawings and complete job cards accurately until work is completed
• Good understanding of engineering drawings and able to use the information effectively within the role
• Good awareness, understanding and take responsibility for department Health & Safety issues, ensuring adher-ence to Company Health & Safety policy at all times
• Take part in new product design meetings and put forward own ideas/suggestions
• Train or coach others on-the-job to develop manufacturing capability
• Develop a good knowledge and understanding of the company’s products
• Participate/contribute new ideas in all continuous improvements’ projects/meetings
• Work with other teams across the business to effectively to deliver manufacturing objectives
• Able to work accurately and within timescales
• Good organisational skills and able to communicate clearly at all levels
• Has the ability to work without direct supervision
• Good time management skills
• Self-motivated and driven to exceed targets
• Seeks to be challenged and stretch their own development
• Good team player and willing to support colleagues
• Complies with all company Human Resources policies and procedures
• Has a flexible attitude, is receptive and supports change initiatives
• Can be relied upon and has excellent integrity
• Commitment and willingness to be trained and developed
• Aligns own behaviours with the vision, goals and values of the company
• Positive attitude and willing to share knowledge and experience with colleagues
Education & experience:
• GCSE grades A-C (4-9) preferred and/or any other qualifications in manufacturing/ engineering
• Previous engineering background would be advantageous
39.5 hours per week, flexibility will be required during the Company’s peak trading season.
This position could become permanent for the right candidate.
If you are interested in this position, please apply online ensuring your CV is up to date.
Alternatively, please email your CV directly to email@example.com.
As part of the terms and conditions, all vacancies are advertised by equal opportunities employers.