HGV Driver & Logistics Specialist
- Location: Lowestoft, Suffolk
- Salary: Negotiable
- Working Hours: Full-time
- Length of Employment: Perm
- Reference: PS3196SO
- Sector: Logistics
- Vacancy First Advertised: 06th Apr 2021
P+S Personnel are pleased to be working on behalf of our clients, who are currently seeking an HGV Driver & Logistics Specialist to join their team based in Lowestoft, Suffolk, on a full time, permanent basis.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• To ensure goods are received and dispatched appropriately and any productivity targets are met.
• To liaise with customers, suppliers and transport companies.
• Stock management: purchase and book in stock, stock checks, check for damaged or missing items.
• To pick and pack orders for despatch.
• To arrange cost effective carrier collections as required.
• The loading and unloading of HGVs and containers by hand and/or using a forklift truck.
• To carry out various required checks including: forklift and Atlet driving and daily pre-usage checks, HGV and van pre-usage checks and warehouse racking checks.
• To book agency workers when required and supervise agency workers when on site.
• To drive company vehicles, when required including forklift trucks at company sites.
• General housekeeping and maintenance in the warehouse/on site and ordering of warehouse supplies.
• To maintain records on the warehouse ERP system.
• To have an awareness and understanding of Workplace Health and Safety.
• To have extensive knowledge of the company, its aims, objectives and its strategic direction.
Skills & Attributes:
• Effective communication, organisational and interpersonal skills.
• General computer system skills.
• A keen eye for detail.
• The ability to work under pressure, on your own initiative and as part of a team.
• Be a team player with a focus on providing excellent customer service.
• Have an enthusiastic and flexible approach to work.
• Knowledge of Health and Safety practices within the warehousing environment.
• Minimum of 1 year experience in a similar role
• Full clean driving licence category C
• CPC licence
• Tacho card
• Forklift truck experience and a current licence (preferable)
• Hard working
• Team player
Monday – Thursday 07:00 – 17:00 and Friday 07:00 – 16:00
Early starts, occasional overnight stays, occasional weekend work, multi-drop warehouse work
If this is a role you are interested in, please apply online ensuring your CV is up to date.
Alternatively, please email your CV directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
As part of the terms and conditions, all vacancies are advertised by equal opportunities employers.