- Location: Great Yarmouth
- Salary: Negotiable
- Working Hours: Full Time
- Length of Employment: Perm
- Reference: PS3594AW
- Sector: Industrial
- Vacancy First Advertised: 10th Jun 2022
P+S Personnel are pleased to be working on behalf of our clients, who are currently recruiting an LGV Driver to join their team based in Great Yarmouth on a full time permanent basis.
Successful applicants will be required to carry out various LGV disciplines safely and efficiently to include waste vacuum road tankers and curtain sided vehicles. This role will require overnight trips.
Holding an LGV Class 1 Licence and a Tanks Dangerous Goods by Road certificate, you will be fully conversant with all LGV driving regulations and legislation and must ens ure compliance with all Company policies, procedures and working practices.
Duties to include:
• Distance tanker operations ensuring safe handling and transportation of a wide range of hazardous materials and products
• Overnight trips
• Operation of curtain sided vehicle
• Inspection and maintenance of associated accessories and equipment including pumps, valves, tanks, vessels, hoses and couplings
• Respond courteously and effectively to all reasonable customer demands
• Completion and processing of all relevant customer and regulatory paperwork
• Ensure that all activity is co-ordinated in accordance with relevant company guidelines and statutory regulations
• Attend team brief / safety meetings as required
• Ensure high standards of housekeeping are maintained with all areas of responsibility
• Class 1 LGV Licence
• ADR License
• Tanks Dangerous Goods by Road Certificate
Minimum Competencies (Skills, Knowledge and Behaviours)
• Maintains positive work relationships
• Experience of road tanker operations including the transport and safe handling of flammable/corrosive/toxic materials
• Thorough understanding of waste documentation and special waste handling
• Thoroughly familiar with relevant safety procedures for tanker and waste operations
• Up to date knowledge of changes in road traffic laws
• Ability to communicate at all levels with customers
• High degree of flexibility
• Ability to work unsupervised
• Customer focused
• To be operationally aware
• COSHH awareness
• Safety awareness skills
If this is a role you are interested in, please apply online ensuring your CV is up to date.
Alternatively, please email your CV directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
As part of the terms and conditions, all vacancies are advertised by equal opportunities employers.