Junior Development Technologist
- Location: Melton Constable
- Salary: Negotiable
- Working Hours: Full Time
- Length of Employment: Perm
- Reference: PS3669AW
- Sector: Manufacturing
- Vacancy First Advertised: 31st May 2022
P+S Personnel are pleased to be working on behalf of our clients, who are currently recruiting for a Junior Development Technologist to join their team based in Melton Constable on a full time, permanent basis.
Main Purpose of the Job
Working closely with the Senior Technologist to support the Head of Development in co-ordinating the NPD and EPD projects to the highest quality, whilst adhering to both internal and external requirements. Translate consumer insight, taking relevant food trends and listening to customer and consumer feedback to assist in developing new product ideas (NPD) as well as improvements to existing products (EPD). Daily management of all projects to ensure timely delivery and smooth launches. Communicate with internal technical, commercial and operations team, and external retailers and suppliers.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Preparation of internal and external samples, ensuring they are produced to the expected standard
• Have a good understanding of the capabilities of the factory and suppliers’ capabilities to ensure all NPD is commercially and physically viable
• Understand and adhere to the critical path of all NPD Projects to ensure an on-time launch.
• Input all required product information in written customer documentation ensuring this is accurate.
• To support the factory scale up stage of new developments in line with site procedures and legal requirements.
• Communicate effectively to ensure the factory trials are successful and next steps are followed up efficiently.
• Manage the information required for artwork generation and due diligence in line with legal practices such as nutritional testing, shelf life, organoleptic testing, travel test, artwork sign off, and factory paperwork.
• Take ownership for all aspects of the product ensuring all relevant records and documentation is accurate and accessible.
• Manage the implementation of new packaging materials and processes
• To attend development meetings to communicate relevant information to all attending functions as required.
• To work as an integral member of the team, networking with other internal departments, suppliers and the customer as required in a professional and timely manner.
• Help with General Administrative duties including, but not limited to, updating factory systems (Rubicon) and ensuring factory specifications are reviewed and correct before launch.
• Assist with the benchmarking programme including competitor shopping, co-ordination of panels and collating results both internally and externally.
• Attend customer presentations as required.
• Play an active role in customer visits / pre-production / launches where appropriate
• This list is not exhaustive.
• Ideally educated to degree or HND level in food related discipline.
• Experience working in a food manufacturing environment in an NPD role would be a benefit (such as a university placement).
• IT literate - able to work confidently with email, word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software
• Initiative-taker - with the drive and tenacity to keep pushing several projects through the business at any one time and the confidence and vision to overcome obstacles along the way
• Innovation - with a desire to create something new with commercial viability
• Team player with the desire to support and develop other people to achieve their goals
• Keen problem-solving skills
• A passion for food.
• Good time keeping & flexibility to see the task through
• Discretion and diplomacy
• Self -motivated
• 1 years+ in a development role (desirable)
If this is a role you are interested in, please apply online ensuring your CV is up to date.
Alternatively, send your CV directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
As part of the terms and conditions, all vacancies are advertised by equal opportunities employers.