- Location: Great Yarmouth
- Salary: Negotiable
- Working Hours: Full Time
- Length of Employment: Perm
- Reference: PS3633SH
- Sector: Marine
- Vacancy First Advertised: 04th May 2022
P+S Personnel are pleased to be working on behalf of our clients, who are currently recruiting a Junior Cartographer to join their team based in Great Yarmouth on a full time, permanent basis.
This role will be to use a range of CAD, GIS and graphic editing software to compile professional, high quality charts and illustrations depicting the results of Marine Geophysical, Environmental and Hydrographic surveys.
• Compilation of Maps and Illustrations for both paper and electronic use in line with established procedures.
• To meet scheduled despatch times and to identify any additional development and/or resources needed to meet such deadlines.
• Provide guidance and training (according to established procedures) as required for Assistant Cartographers.
• Checking and appraising continuity between supplied data sets and communicating any identified anomalies to relevant interpretation staff or line manager.
• To be open to and actively seek, changes in software and/or working practices that may save time or improve final product.
• Maintain documentation associated with projects to ensure efficient, error-free departmental back-up of electronic data.
• 2 years min experience in Marine Cartographic environment.
• Qualification/s in CAD/Survey/Graphic/ICT
• Previous experience within Marine Cartographic environment.
• Proficient in use of Microstation and/or AutoCAD.
• Awareness of typical, industry map Projections and Datum’s.
• Sound understanding of vector and raster formats.
• Excellent eye for detail and good presentation.
• Effective time management - able to prioritise a varied workload to tight deadlines.
• Able to work alone or collaboratively.
• Work effectively under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
• Flexible and adaptable; to work in a changing environment and be open to new ideas.
• Develop constructive and open relationships with a wide range of people.
• Display proactive approach in taking work issues forward.
• Problem solving; uses initiative and assertiveness within remit.
• Communicates; in a clear, open and honest way and encourages constructive feedback
• Engages in new opportunities.
If this is a role you are interested in, please apply online ensuring your CV is up to date.
Alternatively, please email your CV directly to email@example.com.
As part of the terms and conditions, all vacancies are advertised by equal opportunities employers.