IT Support Technician
- Location: Suffolk
- Salary: Negotiable
- Working Hours: Full-time
- Length of Employment: Perm
- Reference: PS3214SO
- Sector: IT
- Vacancy First Advertised: 26th Apr 2021
P+S Personnel are pleased to be working on behalf of our clients, who are currently seeking an IT Support Technician to join their team based in Suffolk on a full time, permanent basis.
The purpose of the role is to provide a proactive, responsive support service to the users of IT at the company to keep the business systems working effectively.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• To provide a quality ‘first line’ computer hardware and software support service.
• To maintain and update Help Desk calls.
• To assist the IT Systems Manager on technical projects.
• To provide a central point of contact in the IT Department to assist in IT troubleshooting across all the computer systems within the Company.
• To update a ticket management system to maintain a detailed record of issues, faults and job completion.
• To manage IT support queries quickly and effectively.
• To maintain technical IT documentation.
• To ensure IT equipment asset records are kept up to date and carry out scheduled audits.
• To work within the agreed SLAs for communication, escalation and response times for resolving issues and queries.
• To escalate issues that cannot be resolved accordingly to the relevant resources and support networks.
• To assist the IT Systems Manager with support for the server and network infrastructure as required.
• To assist with operation and maintenance of company backup processes.
• To provide support on system security as required (including antivirus, firewall and system updates).
• To deploy and support hardware within the business (PC, laptop, printers, etc.).
• To provide telecoms support as required, including landline, VOIP and mobile.
• To maintain the door entry and time & attendance systems.
• To maintain IT consumables as required by the business.
• To keep up to date network logins and Active Directory for the Company network.
• To carry out any other duties that may reasonably be requested giving due regard to your role.
• Strong teamwork, excellent written and oral communication skills and customer facing skills.
• Good administrative skills and very high attention to detail.
• The ability to work under pressure and to deadlines and the ability to work under their own initiative to a high standard.
• A desire to develop a career in IT and a willingness to learn and develop as an individual.
• Self-motivated and decisive with the flexibility to adapt to change and competing demands.
• Two years operational experience within a business IT environment desirable.
• HND level in a computer-based subject, IT industry accreditation or two years operational IT experience is desirable.
• The ability to maintain an upbeat and positive attitude always.
• A strong work ethic, initiative and drive with the ability to take on and solve challenging problems.
• Customer service focused.
If this is a role you are interested in, please apply online ensuring your CV is up to date.
Alternatively, please email your CV directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
As part of the terms and conditions, all vacancies are advertised by equal opportunities employers.